Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

MP3 chargers

• emmryss

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

We're going to Thailand for 6 weeks. If I buy a charger for my MP3 player here (Canada) will it work there? We're also stopping in Hong Kong on the way there for a few days. Should I wait and buy one there?

#1 Posted: 7/11/2010 - 07:39

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The only issue is voltage, but virtually all modern-day gadgets can accept the full range of 100-240 volt. Look on the bottom of the charger for "100-240v" and then it'll be fine. Thai plugs are almost all the same shape you get in US/Canada too.

#2 Posted: 7/11/2010 - 19:44

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi Emmryss,

The Captain is correct. But, if you're not entirely sure if you want to risk it, just pick up an electrical outlet adapter for Thailand. You can get them at most of the big stores, as well as camera and travel shops. Here in Canada they are cheap and easy to find ... and they work. Future Shop, Black's, Best Buy, CAA offices, etc. should all carry them. I got mine at Henry's Cameras. It came in a bag with adapters for, pretty much, each part of the world. I think I paid around $10 for the lot. You can get them at the airports, as well, but you pay a lot more for them.

Also, most guest houses have computers where you can charge with a USB cable. All you have to do is ask, and make sure that iTunes is disabled (if you're using an iPod). You can also charge in any internet cafe if you're using them often.

#3 Posted: 7/11/2010 - 23:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.