Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Samui floods and onward proof of travel

Posted by darcon on 13/11/2010 at 14:20

Hi,
I have two questions that I hope you can help me with. I have looked up information online and nothing has answered my particular questions!
1. Is it safe to travel to Ko Samui or will our holiday there be tainted by the floods? We are arriving into Samui and onward to Ko Pha Ngan on the 18th November? Hoping to stay on both islands for a week each.
2. Do we need proof that we are leaving Thailand even if we have a flight leaving Singapore to London within our 30 day visa allowance? We land into BKK on the 17th November and plan traveling around and then our outbound flight home leaves Singapore on the 14th of December?

Help would be appreciated,

Thanks

#1 darcon has been a member since 29/9/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by guava_girl on 15/11/2010 at 10:18

Both Samui and Phangan have had floods and storms. It is the start of the monsoon on that side of Thailand so don't expect much in terms of good weather. You are better off going to the andaman side if you want better weather. Monsoon is just ending there.
But of course if your heart is set on the Gulf islands then by all means head that way. You will be able to get some great deals on rooms at the moment.

You will probably need proof of onward travel out of Thailand if you don't hold a tourist visa. This is a requirement of most airlines before you board. Thai immigration rarely checks.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.