Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

looking for others to hang out with and some advice on beaches.

• LouLou73

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

I’m planning a solo trip to Thailand in Dec. 10 for just under 3 weeks (will return Dec. 15 so just missing the high season crowds – I hope). I’m in my late 30s (flashpacker) and looking for others to hang out with and some advice on beaches. Starting in Bangkok, Chang Mai, and then somewhere in Southern Andaman coast. I’m looking for – as most people are - laid back beach, not too over developed with some bars. My idea of entertainment is dinner, some drinks at a great bar and good conversation. This is not my first trip to Thailand and in the past loved Long Beach on Koh Lanta (but I went off-season so it was very chilled) and Thong Nai Pan on KPG. Getting put off by Koh Phi Phi because of the large crowds/partying scene, although considering Ao Koh Toh beach there. If not I’ll head back to Koh Lanata – any suggestions of beaches besides Long Beach . I know I’m going at the start of high season so worried things will be packed there. I'll be on the beaches for about 8 days so want to stay in one spot and then maybe do some boat trips to other islands/beaches. Any advice appreciated! Tks

#1 Posted: 17/11/2010 - 12:24

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.