Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

What is best route from Ko Samui to Krabi to Ko Jun

• bulldogmi

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2010

What is best route from Ko Samui to Krabi to Ko Jum?

I was thinking of flying but there appeared to be no flights available from Ko Samui to Krabi.

What are the other alternatives? How long should it take?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 18/11/2010 - 19:31

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Take the bus bus from Surat Thani to Krabi . There are minivans, as well. I'm not sure where the bus station is (can't remember), but Krabi is small and just about everything is within a short walking distance.

Then there are two options for getting to Koh Jum from Krabi (that I know of.) You could take the ferry to Koh Lanta and tell them you want to go to Koh Jum. A longtail boat will meet the ferry off the coast of Koh Jum and will take you back to the island where the boat will run up onto the beach. The ferry leaves Krabi from the Saphan Jao Fah pier right in town.

The other way is to go to Ban Laem Kruat and get a boat from there. From this village you can go to either Koh Jum or Koh Si Boya. It's a bit of a hike there, but if you go to one of the dozens of shops selling boat/train/bus/minivan tickets, arrangements can be made to get you there. Just tell the person selling tickets that you want to go to Koh Jum and they'll make all the arrangements.

If you leave really early in the morning from Surat Thani you might be able to get the afternoon boat that leaves at around 1:30. If you miss it, option #2 will get you there in the afternoon.

Surat Thani to the island should take about 7 or 8 hours. Someone else might have a better idea, though.

I've done both and preferred the longer boat trip, though the village was interesting.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 02:40

• bulldogmi

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2010

Thanks. One more question. Does the AC Bus and Mini bus go to the Krabi Airport or does it drop you off in middle of town?

#3 Posted: 5/12/2010 - 23:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.