Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Lipe

• humpdawg

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009

Hi,

I'm in Koh Phi Phi now and I want to go to Koh Lipe/Taratao. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Is it a good time of year to go?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 19:02

• Advertisement

• jackylim

Click here to learn more about jackylim
    Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2009
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 2

Yes i think so. Usually the west cost of Thailand is bless with good weather around the month of Nov to March .
    Where one side of the coastal having good weather this time the Eastern side of Thailand is having monsoon. So stay away from Ko Samui and Ko Tao unless you want to get wet.
    To get to Koh Lipe head to Hat Yai .Satun can be reached by van, public bus and taxi from Hat Yai. Taxi is available at the Ratthakan Post Office, van and public bus can be found beside Dr. Somphots Clinic near Hat Yai train station. The van leaves every hour form 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Public bus leaves from Hat Yai bus station every 2 hours from 6.30 a.m. to 4.35 p.m.
    Good luck.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 21:58

• Hemsi

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2010
    Total reviews: 5

There are several options how to get there. We went to Ko Lipe this January - by minibus/ferry from Krabi via Hat Yao. On our way back we took the ferry to Pakbara. Both worked out great. You should be able to book the trip from Ko Phi Phi - e.g. check this site: http://www.tigerlinetravel.com/

We loved Lipe :-) Have a great time!

#3 Posted: 20/11/2010 - 03:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.