Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Koh Lipe

Posted by humpdawg on 19/11/2010 at 19:02

Hi,

I'm in Koh Phi Phi now and I want to go to Koh Lipe/Taratao. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Is it a good time of year to go?

Thanks.

#1 humpdawg has been a member since 18/5/2009. Posts: 40

Posted by jackylim on 19/11/2010 at 21:58

Yes i think so. Usually the west cost of Thailand is bless with good weather around the month of Nov to March .
Where one side of the coastal having good weather this time the Eastern side of Thailand is having monsoon. So stay away from Ko Samui and Ko Tao unless you want to get wet.
To get to Koh Lipe head to Hat Yai .Satun can be reached by van, public bus and taxi from Hat Yai. Taxi is available at the Ratthakan Post Office, van and public bus can be found beside Dr. Somphots Clinic near Hat Yai train station. The van leaves every hour form 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Public bus leaves from Hat Yai bus station every 2 hours from 6.30 a.m. to 4.35 p.m.
Good luck.

#2 jackylim has been a member since 29/8/2009. Location: Singapore. Posts: 3

Posted by Hemsi on 20/11/2010 at 03:34

There are several options how to get there. We went to Ko Lipe this January - by minibus/ferry from Krabi via Hat Yao. On our way back we took the ferry to Pakbara. Both worked out great. You should be able to book the trip from Ko Phi Phi - e.g. check this site: http://www.tigerlinetravel.com/

We loved Lipe :-) Have a great time!

#3 Hemsi has been a member since 6/3/2010. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.