Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Recomendations for Tailors in Bangkok

• kristianmoua

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2010
    Location United States

Could someone please recommend a repatuble tailor in Bangkok for suits. Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 25/11/2010 - 01:06

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

are these suits for a man or for a woman? if for a man, back in the day i used to go to Raja's on Sukhumvit Soi 4 just south of the entrance to Nana Plaza. i haven't been for years, but all the suits i own now were ordered there. it isn't the cheapest place, but they did have a good selection of fabrics and colors for suits and shirts and did three fittings, which meant the stuff really fit well when it was done.

lots of the tailor shops in the Sukhumvit area actually are just fronts. they have the fabrics and do the measuring, but the tailoring work is done by just a few skilled folks who go from shop to shop and pick up the orders.

sorry, it has been so long that i can't even guess what prices are now. but price aside, you can often get a few extra goodies like shirts or ties or handkerchiefs or such thrown in to help make a better deal.

good luck and let us know which shop you choose and what it costs, quality, etc. cheers.

#2 Posted: 25/11/2010 - 03:20

• domino

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010

I would recommend you to go to the tailor that I used Jhasper Fashion, a few minutes inside Sukhumvit Road 11. Not only did their suits fit me so nicely, but they hang so nice after dry cleaning and are still going strong. Quite detailed at their work and professional service in their consultations of wardrobe selection.

#3 Posted: 27/11/2010 - 17:35

• hunnytread

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2011

I bought suits in thailandand veitnam, the quality was much better in thailand and the choice of fabricstoo, if you have a chance they have a fabric market there you can buy a bolt ofthe fabric you want the suit made out of.
    They charge ridiculousprices for little extras like fancy buttons and stuff so don't be surprised ifthey try this on you.
    Be very particular aboutwhat you want in terms of cut and style as some have old styles like heaps ofshoulder padding and stuff which looks wierd. Tailor Pro on sukhumvit road isthe place I would recommend.

#4 Posted: 12/1/2011 - 17:39

• kristianmoua

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2010
    Location United States

thanks for the info guys, will look into your suggestions.

#5 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 02:52

• aldiver

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2011

There are excellent tailors in bangkok. You just have to find them. Make sure you choose a good fabric, your clothing can only be as good as the fabric! I'd check out Tailor On Ten which is on Sukhumvit Soi 10, (good website). Also while you are in bangkok take a dinner trip down the river, re

#6 Posted: 7/5/2011 - 23:50

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I get shirts from Marty's New Fashion a 5 minute walk from Soi 11. They are nice and don't pressure you. But remember YOU have to stick around long enough for a couple of fittings. DON'T let anyone send you stuff. Select your fabric with much forethought. The guys at Marty's know about how things hang and all of that. If possible, bring something from home similar to what you want. It helps them see how things fit you if you are not an average figure. I am an ex American footballer so I have been through this with a few tailors.
    http://www.martynewfashion.com/

#7 Posted: 8/5/2011 - 11:50

• Lamanesia

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2011

You need to make sure you choose nice fabrics. There is no point in getting tailored clothing if you use poor quality fabric

#8 Posted: 8/6/2011 - 18:35

• grantroger

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2006

Not sure if you still need the recommendation, but I was very happy with the services of Crown Tailors in Sukhumvit soi 8. Had been using them for quite a while since my last post and have continuously been happy with their work, service, and most importantly their fabrics! I'd look them up if you're still looking for a good tailor.

#9 Posted: 4/8/2011 - 15:50

• Basil

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2007

World Group Tailors. Not the cheapest but very good cloth, skill and service.
    I have used their for both suits and shirts over several years.
    Find their shop on Charoen Krung in Bangrak and not the new one on Soi Oriental as it is slightly cheaper.
    If you want slight cheaper then Victor almost bang opposite on Charoen Krung is good.

#10 Posted: 5/8/2011 - 02:03

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tailors in Bangkok ... By jetson on 6 Jan 2012 14 4661 17 Nov 2014