Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Aranyaprathet to Ventiane overland?

• textibule

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2010

Hello all. Posted this in the Cambodia forum for some reason, then realized it was a Thailand question, so please excuse the crosspost.

Been reading the great info on this site about going from BKK to Siam Reap via Aranyaprathet which I plan doing mid-january 2011. When I'm done in SR, I was considering going back to Aranyaprathet and then, if such a thing exists, taking a bus from there into Nong Khai , just before the Laos border at Vientiane. My objective is to avoid going back to BKK just in order to catch the train that exists to Nong Khai and on through the Laos leg of my trip.

Any thoughts? Is this a silly way to do it? TIA

#1 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 20:54

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Aim for Khorat (Nakhon Ratchasima) by bus then you're on the northeastern line for the railway. Then get the next thing north. Schedule here: http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp

#2 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 23:47

• textibule

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2010

Thank you, Captain Bob.
    I don't know how comprehensive the Thai bus network is. Is it reasonable to assume that once at Aranyaprathet bus depot, there will be a reasonably direct bus to Khorat?

#3 Posted: 29/11/2010 - 22:58

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Is it reasonable to assume that once at Aranyaprathet bus depot, there will be a reasonably direct bus to Khorat?

Yep! Here's some assurance:
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Aranyaprathet

#4 Posted: 29/11/2010 - 23:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Aranyaprathet to Ventiane overland? ... By textibule on 28 Nov 2010 3 3706 17 Jan 2011