Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

QUICKEST WAY TO THI LO SU WATERFALLS

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

good morning ,
    what would be the quickest way to get to thi lo su waterfalls from bangkok , i want to do this and be back in bangkok within 3 days 4 at most as i want to fly back down to phuket for some beach time on my holiday.

cheers

#1 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 19:18

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Grab a bus from Morchit station (Bangkok's northern terminal, accessable from the northern end of the BTS Skytrain) to Mae Sod (aka Mae Sot) in Tak province. Then grab a local songthaew (shared pickup taxi) for the twisty road to Umphang . Many local guesthouses and resorts in Umphang run trips to the Tilawsu waterfall daily. 3 or 4 days should be doable.

See bus schedule here for Bangkok to Mae Sod
    http://www.sawadee.com/transfer/bus-north.htm

Instead of returning to Bangkok, however, consider going to Chiang Mai and getting one of the direct flights from there to Phuket on Air Asia or Thai Airways.

#2 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 22:39

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

cheers bob , that sounds like a plan , as i have never been as far north as chiang mai before i might book a few days there for some relax and fun , is it correct u have a guest house there , if so do u have a webb site , , i am in no rush as i wont being going to next april but i think it might be a good to spend songkran there , if so would u book a pre book a hotel / guest house

#3 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 23:04

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Yes it's good to pre-book rooms for Songkran period. I keep 8 cheap clean rooms aimed mostly at the backpacker market but we don't take pre-bookings, just rely on daily walk-ins. On sites like this I don't advertise, anyway you'll find a room somewhere in the old city.

#4 Posted: 1/12/2010 - 03:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.