Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

QUICKEST WAY TO THI LO SU WATERFALLS

Posted by boxee on 30/11/2010 at 19:18

good morning ,
what would be the quickest way to get to thi lo su waterfalls from bangkok , i want to do this and be back in bangkok within 3 days 4 at most as i want to fly back down to phuket for some beach time on my holiday.

cheers

#1 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by Captain_Bob on 30/11/2010 at 22:39

Grab a bus from Morchit station (Bangkok's northern terminal, accessable from the northern end of the BTS Skytrain) to Mae Sod (aka Mae Sot) in Tak province. Then grab a local songthaew (shared pickup taxi) for the twisty road to Umphang . Many local guesthouses and resorts in Umphang run trips to the Tilawsu waterfall daily. 3 or 4 days should be doable.

See bus schedule here for Bangkok to Mae Sod
http://www.sawadee.com/transfer/bus-north.htm

Instead of returning to Bangkok, however, consider going to Chiang Mai and getting one of the direct flights from there to Phuket on Air Asia or Thai Airways.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Posted by boxee on 30/11/2010 at 23:04

cheers bob , that sounds like a plan , as i have never been as far north as chiang mai before i might book a few days there for some relax and fun , is it correct u have a guest house there , if so do u have a webb site , , i am in no rush as i wont being going to next april but i think it might be a good to spend songkran there , if so would u book a pre book a hotel / guest house

#3 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/12/2010 at 03:09

Yes it's good to pre-book rooms for Songkran period. I keep 8 cheap clean rooms aimed mostly at the backpacker market but we don't take pre-bookings, just rely on daily walk-ins. On sites like this I don't advertise, anyway you'll find a room somewhere in the old city.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.