Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Lomprayah from Bangkok to PhaNgan

• lampostx

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2006

hi all, looks like Lomprayah has a promoton on their website that allows us to get from Bangkok to PhaNgan (or Samui et al) for cheaper than the usual train/bus/ferry combo. They look like they run their own buses.

Question - any good or bad experiences with Lomprayah? Would you recommend them? It looks like the journey is by bus to Chumpon, then catamaran over.

I was originally going to take the overnight train to Surat Thani way, but this is looking like a better option ... ?

Thanks,
    Fionna

#1 Posted: 5/12/2006 - 01:43

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The Catamaran is excellent -- very comfortable and fast. I can't comment on the buses though as I've not used that part of their service, but the boats are great.

#2 Posted: 5/12/2006 - 11:48

• lampostx

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2006

Thanks, somtam!!

Do you think it's reasonable to catch the 10:00 pm train from Hualampong to Chiang Mai that same night? The Lamprayah bus arrives in Bangkok at 8:30 pm. I figured that if we jump on a cab right away and head for the train station, that we should have enough time, and that would save us a night's accomodation in Bangkok. Do-able?

#3 Posted: 6/12/2006 - 03:47

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sure that is doable -- plus there's later trains than the 20:30 departure, so if you miss that you may be able to get a seat on a latter one.

#4 Posted: 6/12/2006 - 14:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lomprayah Combo Ticket - Bangkok - Ko Pha Ngan value? ... By alssolotour on 15 Aug 2009 6 6035 21 Aug 2009