Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel insurance through airline?

• molocono

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2010

I'm booking my ticket to Thailand through American Airlines and they offer travel insurance for $77. Should I go with that or go with something like World Nomads? I don't know if they are the same thing or not. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 4/12/2010 - 02:21

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I would suggest that you really need to look at the wording of the policy document and compare.

This is something I posted awhile back that might help you decide:

Some things to consider when comparing insurance policies:

- can you extend the policy while travelling (important if you are travelling long-term)?
    - what are the exclusions?
    - do they pay for medical evacuation? (esp important if travelling in Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, etc)
    - does the cost cover the value of your camera, laptop, iPod, etc? If not, find out what the additional cost is for these.
    - what are maximum payouts for each item?
    - can you claim while overseas?
    - what is the excess per claim?
    - what rental car coverage is there?
    - are you covered for motorcycling? diving? (any other adventurous activities that you are likely to partake in)
    - total cost

And there is an article here: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/travelinsurance/10045_travelling-without-an-insurance---a-warning-

#2 Posted: 4/12/2010 - 02:39

• Dilligaf

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2010

Sounds pretty cheap.
    As the busy one said, check the fine print and the policy wording to ensure you have adequate cover.

#3 Posted: 5/12/2010 - 08:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.