Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

how is the local bangkok airport city connection?

• ilovetravel-
    ling

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

Hi everyone!!!
    I need a help about the flight from Puket to Bangkok.
    I ve found a cheaper fly from Puket to the local airport in Bangkok (no the Suriv international). Is the local airport well realted with the city?! are there buses to go to he center around 21pm?!
    I don't know if it is better to spend a little bit more but arrive easily in Bangkok center.
    I don't really want to waste my time on transport!
    Thanks a lot guys!!

#1 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 15:56

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

When you say "local airport" I assume you are talking about Don Mueang, which is the old international airport. And when you say "suriv international" I assume you mean Suvarnabhumi international - the new airport. Bangkok is a huge, sprawling city. suvarnabhumi is located about 10 Km due east of what I would describe as the "city center", around Pathum Wan. Don Mueang is about 10 klicks north of same. So the question is really where are you going after you get off the plane and how far is the airport in question from where you are going? Generally speaking, I prefer flying into Don Mueang all other things being equal, so if it's cheaper, then for me that's a definite.

#2 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 17:25

• ilovetravel-
    ling

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

yes you are right, I meant Don Mueang airport. I am going to arrive at the airport around 8 pm-10 pm on the 7th of january and then go to an hotel in the city center in order to be ready for the day after to visit the city. I have just one day to spend in Bkk (night of 7th and 8th of january) because the 8th january around 8 pm I have to move to the Suvarnabhumi airport to catch a flight home at 1 am.
    So do u confirm your suggestion?! thank you a lottt!!!!

#3 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 20:16

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Where is the hotel? Not that it matters that much. Unless your hotel is just outside of the international airport or west of that - then it doesn't matter much and you should take the cheaper flight.

#4 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 20:53

• ilovetravel-
    ling

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

I havent booked my hotel yet, but i think I'm going to book in Koh San Road! thank you a lot!! very kind of you!

#5 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 20:58

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

Don Mueang is fine for sure. I'm not a fan of Koh San... but to each his own.

#6 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 22:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
bangkok airport to bus station connection time ... By charterboy22 on 3 Feb 2007 5 2412 7 Feb 2007
Connection time at Don Mueang Airport ... By mmoody on 15 Jan 2014 4 488 15 Jan 2014
Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport to Hualamphong station connection ... By sashanyc28 on 1 Jan 2010 8 14080 11 Jul 2010