Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

AirAsia currency converter

Posted by tessamabah on 16/12/2010 at 05:15

I am trying to book a flight from Bangkok to Denpasar via the airasia website, and when I am about to pay a window pops up warning me to make sure the currency that the flight price is displayed in matches the currency I am paying with. It says I can update this on the "Select Flight" page, but I cant find any option to change the currency from THB to Canadian dollars.

Has anyone else had this problem? would it really matter if the price is reflected in THB and I am paying in Canadian dollars?

#1 tessamabah has been a member since 27/8/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/12/2010 at 09:28 admin

I'm not sure. Whenever I book the price is invariably in Thai Baht or Indonesian rupiah, but I pay with an Australian credit card so I get billed in A$. Seems to work for me.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by goonistik on 16/12/2010 at 12:34

In the upper part of the Air Asia website, there is a box that allows you to change your country. Unfortunately, there is no option for Canada.

AFAIK, you can pay for a ticket in baht, etc and the credit card company will do the conversion automatically for you.

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 16/12/2010 at 20:59 TF writer

Hey tessa,

I'm Canadian too and regularly pay for Air Asia flights using my Canadian credit card. It doesn't matter whether the currency is Baht, Ringgit, etc. it'll appear on your statement in Canadian dollars at whatever the Canadian bank exchange rate is.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by tessamabah on 16/12/2010 at 23:21

Awesome thanks for letting me know :) I will go ahead and book.

#5 tessamabah has been a member since 27/8/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by sidewinder on 17/12/2010 at 15:36

I've noticed this too. You definitely used to be able to change the currency easily before you booked, now I can never find the option. It's not a massive problem but it would be nice to see it in £ before I booked - when I checked my credit card statement what I'd been charged was about £15 more than what I had expected

Setting my location to UK doesnt seem to help, it always displays prices in the currency of the departing country I'm booking.

#6 sidewinder has been a member since 11/4/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 57
 Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.