Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

AirAsia currency converter

• tessamabah

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2010

I am trying to book a flight from Bangkok to Denpasar via the airasia website, and when I am about to pay a window pops up warning me to make sure the currency that the flight price is displayed in matches the currency I am paying with. It says I can update this on the "Select Flight" page, but I cant find any option to change the currency from THB to Canadian dollars.

Has anyone else had this problem? would it really matter if the price is reflected in THB and I am paying in Canadian dollars?

#1 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 05:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm not sure. Whenever I book the price is invariably in Thai Baht or Indonesian rupiah, but I pay with an Australian credit card so I get billed in A$. Seems to work for me.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 09:28

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

In the upper part of the Air Asia website, there is a box that allows you to change your country. Unfortunately, there is no option for Canada.

AFAIK, you can pay for a ticket in baht, etc and the credit card company will do the conversion automatically for you.

#3 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 12:34

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Hey tessa,

I'm Canadian too and regularly pay for Air Asia flights using my Canadian credit card. It doesn't matter whether the currency is Baht, Ringgit, etc. it'll appear on your statement in Canadian dollars at whatever the Canadian bank exchange rate is.

#4 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 20:59

• tessamabah

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2010

Awesome thanks for letting me know :) I will go ahead and book.

#5 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 23:21

• sidewinder

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 7

I've noticed this too. You definitely used to be able to change the currency easily before you booked, now I can never find the option. It's not a massive problem but it would be nice to see it in £ before I booked - when I checked my credit card statement what I'd been charged was about £15 more than what I had expected

Setting my location to UK doesnt seem to help, it always displays prices in the currency of the departing country I'm booking.

#6 Posted: 17/12/2010 - 15:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.