Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Advice with Planning

• L2Travel

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2010

Hey forum,

Looking to go to Thailand some time next year with my lady friend for both a party and romantic atmosphere. I know very little about traveling let alone Thailand.

So I came here to hopefully find some nice folks with some experience and advice.

- Mid/Early next year
    - A nice fancy accommodation
    - No rainy season please
    - Nice season, preferably a party atmosphere at night (moon parties), but with romantic and fun activities during the day

I'd also like to know any customs I really should be aware about (compared to Australia)

I'd also like to know the best place to plan these trips along with accommodation (travel agencies).

Regards,

#1 Posted: 22/12/2010 - 09:55

• Advertisement

• Jaomeow

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2010

It depends on how long you have time to stay in Thailand.

I would recommand KohChang if you don't have much time to go to Southern of Thailand. You can take a bus from Ekamai Bus Station for 5 Hrs. (I would recommand the last bus leave from 10.00 p.m. arrive at 5 a.m.) You will get to catch the First Ferry ship.
    When you arrived to Koh Chang Island. just take a taxi to hotel. Then look for a motorbike for rent around there.

Restaurant - Go to Fisherman Village and look for 'Buddha View'

Hotel - Paradise cottage (3 stars hotel) The room that when you open the windows you will got a cozy beach scene and nice breezy. No swimming pool but I don't think you want it since you got a white sand clear ocean?

But if you decide to catch a plane to southern (check with airasia.com, nokair.com) Samui Island then travel around Lipe Island, Go to full moon party etc etc. it's nice too.

Krabi and Phi phi island is one beautiful beach. You can take one day trip to see places around.

A Place to Stay in Bangkok. I like Shanghai Inn and Navalai Hotel.
    Shanghai Inn it's in middle of China town. Near restaurants and shopping market. Unfortunately, only Taxi can go there or you can take Tuk Tuk from Haulampong MRT.

Navalai Hotel - Very Near Khaosarn Rd. only 20 baht for Tuk Tuk to go there. Near temples and Historical places. The hotel is next to Pra Athit Pier. you can take canel trip. Nice view from your balcony beside Jao Praya River (but some people don't like noise from Boat machince.
    Food is SUPER GOOD! :-D

Restaurant which i think the most romantic is Sirocco Restaurant. You can see bangkok in night time 360 from top view. (But the price of food is super expnsive and taste ....) just go there to enjoy sight seeing it's ok.

Hope it helps. :-) Have a nice trip in Thailand!

#2 Posted: 24/12/2010 - 22:57

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I would guess March would be a good time to go - but Somtam would know better for southern Thailand. And I would take a good look at Phuket as well. Sounds like it might meet what you're looking for.

#3 Posted: 25/12/2010 - 01:21

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

How long will you stay? The rainy season is not what you think it is....that said like MAc said go earlier in the year. April is scorching hot at times and May starts to get wet but really I have NEVER had a bad time in the rainy season from May to August. If you want nicer hotels just look at any Thailand hotel website like sawasdee.com. you just have to figure out when and where you are going. Telling us a little more info may help.

#4 Posted: 27/12/2010 - 12:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.