Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Krabi - Pak Up Hostel

• k_tron

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Brand spankin-new hostel in Krabi called Pak Up. Stumbled across it while walking up from the harbour looking for a place to stay. It's faaabulously designed and decorated and has had much thought and care put into the construction of it. This has to be one of THE BEST hostels I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at more than can be counted on fingers and toes of a few people. The prices are right (180BHT for a bed in an a/c dorm) and private rooms are available. They have a rooftop bar, restaurant, and free internet. I've pimped this place out to everyone I've seen since, and I'll continue to. This place is as much of an experience as the beaches. Don't miss it!!

#1 Posted: 5/1/2011 - 04:08

• Advertisement

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

I saw that place. Very swish and modern looking. At least in the foyer. But I don't like the idea sleeping in a dorm or leaving my valuables there. I guess if they have safes...

It was about 500thb for a private room when I asked about 6 weeks ago. Oh, and the privates were full.

You can get a private room with shared bathrooms (that have hot water, w00t!) at Good Dream's 1 and 2 for 200 (or 150 if you stay 2 or more nights), which flank Pak Up up and down the hill if it's the place I'm thinking of.

The lobby of Pak Up did look like a pretty cool place to hang out though, that's for sure. Sexy staff too.

#2 Posted: 5/1/2011 - 18:18

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Sounds good - this should be posted in the PLACES WE MISSED section too.

#3 Posted: 9/1/2011 - 17:46

• frankpmolloy

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2011

I stayed in Krabi for 6 days and after my first night in a budget hostel up the road i went straight to the Pak up hostel the next day, First impressions are of a very modern, clean, and friendly hostel. The dorms are comfortable with air conditioning and great big lockers under each bunk, big enough to fit my giant rucksack and other baggage. The building used to be an old school and the management have carried this theme throughout the building, rooms are named after subjects, English, Thai, Maths, etc. and at the rear of the hostel is the Playground bar. I would certainly reccomend this hostel to other travellers, the prices are very reasonable and the facilities are top quality.
    rarely do you find a hostel with food available in the evenings from the playground bar, tv and computers in the lobby, a rooftop bar with live music, and friendly helpful staff.

#4 Posted: 2/4/2011 - 15:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.