Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

broken arm...new itinerary

• c0192

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

So I'll be spending 30 days in Thailand. I had everything I was expecting to do, more or less, laid out... and then I broke my arm and I leave in 5 days. I'm traveling with one friend, and we're meeting up with another whos been living in Bangkok for a few months. My buddy we're going to visit has the first 10 days planned for us in the south. After that we'll be in bangkok for four days, and then my buddy I came over with is heading back home. Originally I was going to do quite a bit of cooking anywhere I could, not just classes but I had some stages set up in some of the hotels in Bangkok as well. I was also hoping to go further north for about a week, cook and eat, and do a hill tribe trek. Since my left arm is almost useless(It still hurts but its getting better and I cant really move it much, but its only supposed to take 4-6 weeks to heal, so its kind of like rehabing while I'm there), any suggestions for ways to stay busy. I'd still like to travel north and hop around to some different towns but now i'll be doing more looking than doing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 5/1/2011 - 04:28

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Even with a broken arm Chiang Mia can be fun for an entire week if you enjoy restaurants and markets. There are also plenty of options for getting to other towns in the north without hiring your own motorbike - so though you'll have to take it easy you can still visit the towns around Chiang Mia (for ease the big three have always been Chiang Rai, Pai, and Mae Hong Son). I spent a little over a week in Chiang Mai with a 3 day/2 night hill tribe trek thrown in and didn't find myself tired of that city itself - even without any planning you should have no trouble finding ways to stay busy.

#2 Posted: 5/1/2011 - 09:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.