Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

broken arm...new itinerary

Posted by c0192 on 5/1/2011 at 04:28

So I'll be spending 30 days in Thailand. I had everything I was expecting to do, more or less, laid out... and then I broke my arm and I leave in 5 days. I'm traveling with one friend, and we're meeting up with another whos been living in Bangkok for a few months. My buddy we're going to visit has the first 10 days planned for us in the south. After that we'll be in bangkok for four days, and then my buddy I came over with is heading back home. Originally I was going to do quite a bit of cooking anywhere I could, not just classes but I had some stages set up in some of the hotels in Bangkok as well. I was also hoping to go further north for about a week, cook and eat, and do a hill tribe trek. Since my left arm is almost useless(It still hurts but its getting better and I cant really move it much, but its only supposed to take 4-6 weeks to heal, so its kind of like rehabing while I'm there), any suggestions for ways to stay busy. I'd still like to travel north and hop around to some different towns but now i'll be doing more looking than doing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#1 c0192 has been a member since 5/1/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by caseyprich on 5/1/2011 at 09:33

Even with a broken arm Chiang Mia can be fun for an entire week if you enjoy restaurants and markets. There are also plenty of options for getting to other towns in the north without hiring your own motorbike - so though you'll have to take it easy you can still visit the towns around Chiang Mia (for ease the big three have always been Chiang Rai, Pai, and Mae Hong Son). I spent a little over a week in Chiang Mai with a 3 day/2 night hill tribe trek thrown in and didn't find myself tired of that city itself - even without any planning you should have no trouble finding ways to stay busy.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.