Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Booking flights before you go

• mrk12a

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2010

Is it worth it booking flights before i leave? For example i want to take a flight from phom penh to bangkok around 7/8th of april with air asia. Wondering whether prices go up much if i book about a week or two before the flight?

#1 Posted: 11/1/2011 - 03:26

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

hi,
    Typically, Air Asia flights are cheaper the earlier you book them.

#2 Posted: 11/1/2011 - 04:16

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

If you want to keep your travel plans flexible, AirAsia flight prices are usually pretty similar as long as you book 10 days or so in advance and have a bit of flexibility about your departure time.

Cheap weekend fares sell out sooner, so definitely book those as far in advance as you can!

#3 Posted: 11/1/2011 - 11:21

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

In my experience with Air Asia, the closer you get the less options you have. Price will go up, and some flights are changed due to the level of demand. To be safe I would get flights unless you are sure this is a route that won't sell out or change much. Check air asia's latest flight change policies as far as changing to a later day or so.

#4 Posted: 11/1/2011 - 12:26

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

real cheap ones sell out 7-9 months in advance if they have a sale but if sales are lagging sometimes they have sales 1-4 months ahead. but around busy times like songkran april 13-15th can be hard to get cheap tickets.

if the promo prices are all gone you have the regular prices which should stay the same until you go but fewer flight times to choose from and some days will sell out completely.

#5 Posted: 11/1/2011 - 21:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.