Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Staying In Phuket for 1 month

• brittanylee

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2011

I have recently been to Thailand and stayed in Chang Mai then Phuket. Loved every minute of it and really wanting to go back. I was wondering what need to do to be able to stay for that long and stuff?

cheers :)

#1 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 09:27

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

What do you mean? Are you asking about visas? Finding an apartment? Saving money for long-term travel?

#2 Posted: 16/1/2011 - 10:20

• brittanylee

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2011

yeah, all of it. What type of visa do i need and accommodation.

#3 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 10:28

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Get a longer visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate. It should be quite easy to get a 60-day tourist visa. If you talk to the embassy in your own country they may give you something even longer (multiple entry tourist visa). If you want to work in Thailand (i.e. teaching English) your employer will help you with the work permit and visa.

For accommodations you can negotiate a weekly/monthly rate with a guesthouse that you like or you can find an apartment like Joe Mansion in Phuket Town with a monthly rate + utility costs. Most places will rent a room/apartment to a foreigner for 1 month as long as you have 30 (or more) days remaining on your visa. They'll make a photocopy of your passport and usually ask for a deposit.

#4 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 10:59

• brittanylee

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2011

Thanks for that. Do you know any other places like that Joe Mansion, but in Patong beach?
    I would like to stay near the beach and around night life. What is the best time of the year to go to Phuket for weather?

#5 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 14:35

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Now is generally considered the best time of year for weather in Phuket . It stays pretty dry until mid-April with the serious rainfall starting in May.

Accommodation rates are higher in Patong than in Phuket Town, but come down a lot when the rainy season starts in May. Most "mansions" (buildings with simple one-room apartments) don't have websites so you'll find a lot more options and better prices once you're actually there. The following places in Patong have discounts for long stays:

http://www.seabluephuket.com/
    http://phuketdir.com/addmansion/
    http://www.sunsetmansion.com
    http://www.patongsunshine.com/

#6 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 15:47

• brittanylee

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2011

Thanks for all your help. I might have some more questions later on.

#7 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 16:20

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Sure, if you want to contact me directly I'm tprocyshyn at gmail

#8 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 17:05

• brittanylee

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2011

Hello again :)

I am 16 years old and i was wondering. Is there a certain age limits to going overseas, such as Thailnd, Phuket? because i want to go over there so much and my family cant always go over. I am interested in teaching english over there and trying other things like volunteering in anything i can. I cant find any answers anywere else so if you can help that would be great.

Cheers

#9 Posted: 20/1/2011 - 07:09

• Maryanne

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

Hello Brittany
    I think 16 is too young to teach English in a professional environment and school etc. Visa may also be a problem unless you have family already living there. There is no age limits as far as I know but usually you wont find work unless you are at least over 18 or look a lot older than you are. volunteering im sure you can do no matter how old you are, but you wont get paid so unless your family are going to support you I don't know..

#10 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 05:40

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Staying in a large group in phuket ... By jazzzax22 on 16 Apr 2013 2 1984 11 Jul 2013