Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

visa question?

Posted by ptgirl on 14/12/2006 at 12:29

hi, i saw that a similar question was posted here earlier regarding visas for thailand however mine is a bit different. Firstly i am canadian and realize that i fall under the tourist exempt category, for stays up to 30 days. i am flying into Bangkok on the 15th of January and depart Bangkok on the 15th of March (total number of days is 60). i only plan on being in Thailand for 3 weeks initially and then depart for Cambodia/Vietnam and Laos. i would then return to Bangkok around the 11th of March. I am wondering if i will have a problem on arrival into thailand January 15th considering that my ticket has a departure date of March 15th and no visible proof that I will be travelling thru other countries as well over those 60 days. Will they allow me the 30 days even though my ticket shows i will actually leave the country much later? Or is it easier to just get the tourist visa for 60 days? Thanks in advance!

#1 ptgirl has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/12/2006 at 23:28 admin

Hi ptgirl,

I wouldn't expect any problems -- loads of people arrive with similar travel plans to you. -- you'll be given 30 days on arrival and another 30 days when you re-enter Thailand from Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by ptgirl on 15/12/2006 at 06:43

Thanks Somtam!

#3 ptgirl has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.