Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Any nice places left to stay in PP?

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

I've been persuaded to head to PP for a bit by my girlfriend when we go in April so I thought I'd scour the internet for somewhere to stay. I like the look of Long Beach as its accessible to the social spots but slightly out the way of the noise. However, and I mean looking island-wide, there seems to be nowhere in my budget (1000-1500 baat) that looks remotely decent! Compared to Lanta or Jum everywhere looks grim! Say it isn't so, and share some good experiences!

#1 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 05:17

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Hard to find anything decent below 1000 baht on Phi Phi from what I've looked at. I paid 1400 baht for an aircon room last time I was there which was a few years ago but it was high season. You can pay 700 baht in Ao Nang for a good room and do a daytour to Phi Phi. Not much to do in Phi Phi anyway apart from snorkelling. Found it a rather boring island apart from that and prices are high for most things.

#2 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 06:30

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Cheapest places Long Beach traditionally have been the outside bathroom bungalows at Phi Phi Hill and the back bungalows at Long Beach Resort.

Elsewhere I'd be looking at the dorms at The Rock in town, the area TRAVELFISH terms VIEWPOINT SOI in town and the cheaper backpacker bungalows above the rocks at Ko Toh Resort.

#3 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 14:04

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

They want decent nice rooms not dorms

#4 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 09:10

• kaercher

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2009

Sholafish said "somewhere to stay".

#5 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 09:41

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

Sorry I wasn't particularly clear, it would be a private room as opposed to a dorm - I appreciate both your suggestions though - I think Tezza's shout re 'viewpoint soi' is a good one, but if I'm being honest the less time I spend on Phi Phi (and the more on Jum Lanta and Muk) the better I think - I cant remember ever scouring the internet for that long a time to look for a place in Thailand and not coming up with anywhere decent (within budget)!

#6 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 15:06

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

"However, and I mean looking island-wide, there seems to be nowhere in my budget (1000-1500 baat) that looks remotely decent! "

pretty clear he didnt want a lousy dorm!

#7 Posted: 20/1/2011 - 05:12

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

WHOA! ME BAD!!

Seems I read the OP's request a bit quickly - saw "Long Beach" and thought I could contribute. Saw "rest of the island" and thought I'd chuck in a few others I knew under 1500.

Didn't see "remotely decent" - so profuse apologies to s-fish for being lazy reader. And likewise to K-man for upsetting him so. Will endeavour to do better next time.

#8 Posted: 24/1/2011 - 16:03

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

Haha. Blog is great by the way.

Cheers

#9 Posted: 24/1/2011 - 16:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.