Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Arriving Late in Bangkok

• bdtjones

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010
    Location Canada

Hello,

I am looking at booking the Shambara boutique hostel for when I get to Bangkok (I arrive the night of January 25th, around midnight) and i was wondering if it is possible to check-in around 1 or 2 am in most places on Khao San. They have a place to list my arrival time, but I can only select up to 11 PM so I'm unsure of what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 20/1/2011 - 10:45

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

There are other hostels that you can choose. Even Sukhumvit Soi One Hostel and Lub D Hostels may be available.

http://www.soi1guesthouse.com/

http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaidhotels/lubd/index.html

Check out the websites and locate where you can send an email to notify them that you will be a late arrival Also follow-up with another email the day before you fly to Thailand.

You can verify that they are holding a room or bunk for you by calling ahead of time from the airport.

Many flights from N. America and other countries arrive around your time. Most hotels are used to late arrivals. But you have to let them know you will be late. You are really booking the night before technically so get your dates right.

Arrival at BKK around midnight means you will have to use a meter taxi to get to the hotel. Read up on old posts on how to get a meter taxi.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/52

Here is another link for hotels in the KSR area.

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/index.html

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 17:11

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

book a hotel thru the web with a 24 hr check in

some ghs dont answer emails and will give away a room unless paid upfront

check out agoda.com

#3 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 17:14

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

You could always pick a place that advertises 24-hour reception for the first night and move to Shambara the next day if you've really got your heart set on staying there.

We were in a similar situation a few years back, on a flight from North America (changing planes in Tokyo), scheduled to arrive in BKK at midnight. With flight delays and getting through customs and immigration, it was after 2 am before we arrived at our hotel.

That time we stayed at Thai Cozy near Khao San Road. It is listed on Travelfish. We had to wake up the night staff to check in, but our room was ready and waiting for us when we arrived. It is just one option of course, but it worked for us. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 22:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Arriving in late (Bangkok) ... By noel59 on 28 Jan 2011 14 2647 1 Feb 2011
Arriving in Bangkok around 10:30pm..too late to check in anywhere? ... By Travelguy76 on 30 Jun 2013 20 2712 9 Jul 2013
Arriving in BKK late at night ... By amylou on 26 Jan 2010 8 2481 28 Jan 2010
Arriving Late in Ho Chi Minh ... By TheOtherOne on 1 May 2009 2 1907 2 May 2009
Arriving late in Thailand! Advice? ... By crystalrsh on 13 Sep 2013 10 1214 16 Sep 2013
Arriving late at night in Kuching? ... By modulatrix on 20 Apr 2013 2 881 21 Apr 2013
Arriving late into Phuket Airport, what to do/where to stay? ... By rustythomson on 4 Dec 2013 2 467 29 Dec 2013
arriving late, where to stay/long term rentals ... By musicalnomads on 17 Aug 2009 2 3273 18 Aug 2009