Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Good Travel Guide

• silkegehring

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2011

Hey there,

I am going to the Thailand and would like some suggestions on good travel guides.

Anyone got recommendations?

#1 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 14:43

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

hi silkegehring

you have already found the best travel guide for thailand , this site ,
    have a look around the thailand destinations gudies , and if still have any question , ask away on the forum.

danny

#2 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 19:26

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Agree - Travelfish (TF) provides some of the best guides around. It's all online here in the Thailand section - but just in case you didnt' know, you can down load the info into a PDF format for individual areas. You need to log in and click on Free Guides links at the top.

I used both TF and LP (Lonley Planet) guides when in Thailand and found the TF much better in terms of reliable accom reviews, etc. LP does have the better maps though, so I took the LP book out at the library, and photocopied some of the key maps, attached them to the printed PDF and away I went. The good think with having the printed PDF is that you can just throw away the sections as you go (or better yet, leave them at the guesthouse for another traveller to use).

#3 Posted: 27/1/2011 - 02:03

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Rough Guide to SE Asia is good as is Rough Guide Thai Islands and Beaches.

For out of the way places I found Let's Go on a budget had good coverage of north and NE Thailand.

Not a fan of Footprint and Lonely Planet guides are way overpriced now for what they offer.

#4 Posted: 27/1/2011 - 07:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.