Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Planning Phuket Holiday

• Prestwich

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2009

Hi all,

I'm off to Phuket for a romantic break with my girlfriend at the end of February. We're going there because we can only stay for a few days so want an accessible. relaxing beach holiday.

We're looking at accommodation and I could do with some thoughts on this. I want somewhere reasonably private/secluded, where I'm able to completely switch off and relax. I want access to a quiet beach and good, authentic Thai food. I don't need lots of nightlife or crowds at all.

Budget isn't a huge issue, so I could afford one of the bigger resorts (though I'm equally happy in simple bungalows).

Am I being unrealistic about what I can find in Phuket? Any ideas would be gratefully received.

#1 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 01:29

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Try one of the beaches in the North of Phuket . They are less busy than beaches like Patong & Kata.
    Or, you could head to Khao Lak. It is only 1 hour North of the Phuket aiport and is a much quieter less built up option to Phuket.

#2 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 07:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
HELP! planning family holiday christmas 2011 ... By cocopops on 17 Oct 2011 3 1407 8 Dec 2011