Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

First nights accomodation in bangkok?

• mrk12a

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2010

HI im going to be arriving in bangkok in 2 and a bit weeks and am wondering where to stay. Im an 18 year old first time solo traveler and have been thinking about staying at KSR area. My first day i plan onseeing sights such as the grand palace with the second going to chatuchak market. Is KSR a good place to stay? Im on a budget so do not want anything more than 600 baht really. Lamphu house i am considering but anyone else got any recomendations?

thanks

#1 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 08:34

• Advertisement

• chicoelnino

Click here to learn more about chicoelnino
    Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010

its not in the KSR area I know but I was recommended this place:

www.seaoflovemansion.com

Standard Room399/Day

#2 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 08:45

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

Maybe you can use this place. One advantage is that you can also use the Skytrain to take you to Chatuchak. Keep in mind that Chatuchak is a WEEKEND MARKET!

You can also use the Skytrain to connect you with MBK, subway and Ekamai bus station.

Lub D Hostel.

http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/prepaidhotels/lubd/index.html

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Lub-d-Bangkok-Silom/Bangkok/24575

Good luck.

#3 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 21:47

• tjeered

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2011

KSR itself you can avoid, but around it, there's lots of good & affordable places to stay and meet fellow travellers.
    minimum =150Baht for single room fan shared bathroom. so for 600 you can stay in a very luxurious suite ;) just search travelfish, your roughguide or the LP for a good place.
    :)

#4 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 22:31

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

600 baht luxury wtf - 600 baht gives you a basic a/c room in bangkok

chatuchak market is a long way from ksr and is a weekend mkt mainly.

in between the grand palace and ksr is the national musuem which is good.

read the guesthouse reviews on this site for places to stay. ive never stayed below 550 baht so dont know what those places are like.

#5 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 07:42

• mrk12a

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2010

Lub D seems very good, near the sky train for siam and nearish the river to get a boat to grand palace ect. I like the look of the dorms as well.

#6 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 08:04

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

This is a place recommended by exacto (a regular TF poster) which I bookmarked for my next visit. I thought it looked quite good, and costs 590baht for aircon and hot water.

http://www.ktguesthouse.com/

Search on this site to find his comments about it.

#7 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 08:08

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Lubd Silom is pretty good. Beds and bathrooms are clean.

The Chong Nonsi skytrain station is about a 10-minute walk away. I am forever grateful to the staff for pointing me in the direction of Healthland Spa for the best thai massage I have ever had. (Pricey but worth it!)

There is a wet market nearby. I'd go there to get some prata with condensed milk for breakfast. Or I'd walk to this other street for some Khao moo daeng.

At lunchtime, the employees of the adjacent AIA building go to the side street and have lunch at the sidewalk stalls. Just follow them.

The only downside is that you have to commute to go the palace/temples. I enjoyed taking the river ferry so it wasn't a problem for me.

#8 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 20:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.