Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Flights to Siem Reap from Bangkok (VISA requirement)

Posted by noel59 on 31/1/2011 at 21:15

Hi all,

I have been told when arriving in Bangkok airport that I must show proof of a flight out of the country within 30days so I don't have to get a visa.
So I looked into the flights to Siem Reap and there like 170 euros plus, which is expensive, any reason for this expense?

Thanks for the help,
Noel

#1 noel59 has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by noel59 on 31/1/2011 at 22:51

A friend just asked me if a bus ticket would do, as in a trip from Bangkok to Siem Reap? Do ye think this would be enough to prove I'am leaving within a month?

Thanks

#2 noel59 has been a member since 27/1/2011. Posts: 8

Posted by guava_girl on 1/2/2011 at 08:15

The flight to Siem Reap is expensive because there is only one airline that does that route therefore they charge what they like.
Have a look at flights to Phnom Phen instead. Air Asia flies there and it is much cheaper. From there you can get a bus to Siem Reap.

#3 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by Captain_Bob on 1/2/2011 at 21:18

when arriving in Bangkok airport that I must show proof of a flight out of the country within 30days so I don't have to get a visa.

No, it's when you check-in for the flight to Thailand that the airline staff may screen you for an onward ticket (or a visa). Bus doesn't count, it's got to be a flight.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.