Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Good place to visit (3 days) after a week in Koh Lanta

• elisekn

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

I will be spending a week (8 days) in Koh Lanta starting Feb 12. I have 3 full days (from Feb 20-24) before I have to head back to Krabi for my departing flight. I am of course going to be visiting the surrounding islands around Koh Lanta during my week stay (but I am using Koh Lanta as my base). I would like suggestions of a "different" beach, terrain where to stay for the three days after Koh Lanta that might offer me something new. I do not want to travel far (no more than an two hours or so from area). I am also looking for budget, bliss, low key, and a place that isn't super touristy. I know, this is Thailand I am talking about so perhaps not possible. How do people feel about Railay Krabi? Would it be worth it to stay there for a few days? Other suggestions? Should I just stay on Koh Lanta??
    Any feedback appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 3/2/2011 - 17:32

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Railay/ton sai/Ao Nang areas are good. You might like them more than Lanta. I do.

#2 Posted: 3/2/2011 - 21:22

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Or try Ko Jum - it's low key and not very touristy.

#3 Posted: 3/2/2011 - 21:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Lanta a good place? ... By TinaAndJanne on 23 Oct 2011 5 2809 30 Oct 2011
Phu Quoc Island, a good place to visit in June? ... By mindy on 8 May 2009 1 6092 8 May 2009
Where is a good place to go for 10 days. ... By joniels on 12 Jul 2011 3 3213 13 Jul 2011