Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

where to stay while in chiang mai

• lorna123

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Hi i know similar posts have been posted where to stay while in chiang mai old town or river? Any suggestions budget/flashpacker range not to far from the main sites cheers lorna ps going next week!!

#1 Posted: 4/2/2011 - 06:36

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi lorna,

i'm a fan of the old town, near the tha pae gate or over in the moon muang soi 6-ish area. even as an older, flashpacker type, i like the greater variety of places to stay, spots to eat or grab a drink, etc.

a favorite place on my last few visits has been CM Blue house, but the place run by Captain Bob's sweetie (Ginny Guest House?) sounds great to me too and i have big plans to drop by there for a room and a beer or three on my next trip. (Bob is far too modest to mention it, which is why i brought it up here.)

there are stacks of rooms all over the city, so you could always just grab something for the first night and then have a look around that evening and the next morning to see what fits your needs. have a great time. cheers.

#2 Posted: 4/2/2011 - 12:27

• lorna123

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Sounds good thanks for the tips cheers lorna. ps is pai worth a look too?

#3 Posted: 4/2/2011 - 20:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.