Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

where to stay while in chiang mai

Posted by lorna123 on 4/2/2011 at 06:36

Hi i know similar posts have been posted where to stay while in chiang mai old town or river? Any suggestions budget/flashpacker range not to far from the main sites cheers lorna ps going next week!!

#1 lorna123 has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by exacto on 4/2/2011 at 12:27

hi lorna,

i'm a fan of the old town, near the tha pae gate or over in the moon muang soi 6-ish area. even as an older, flashpacker type, i like the greater variety of places to stay, spots to eat or grab a drink, etc.

a favorite place on my last few visits has been CM Blue house, but the place run by Captain Bob's sweetie (Ginny Guest House?) sounds great to me too and i have big plans to drop by there for a room and a beer or three on my next trip. (Bob is far too modest to mention it, which is why i brought it up here.)

there are stacks of rooms all over the city, so you could always just grab something for the first night and then have a look around that evening and the next morning to see what fits your needs. have a great time. cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by lorna123 on 4/2/2011 at 20:10

Sounds good thanks for the tips cheers lorna. ps is pai worth a look too?

#3 lorna123 has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.