Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Will I make the boat to Lanta?

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

Do you know if there is anyway to get to Lanta (apart from expensive private transfer) from Krabi airport if my flight arrives at 6pm? Don't know whether to book a night in Krabi town or not :-S

Thanks

#1 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 00:09

• Advertisement

• emily_morgs

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

The last ferry is in the afternoon, you will have missed it. I would recommend staying in Krabi for the night and getting the ferry to Lanta first thing in the morning.

http://www.lanta-islands.com/getting-to-lanta.php

#2 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 05:47

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

More things to do around Krabi. Don't understand the rush to Lanta.

#3 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 07:30

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

I'm spending a couple nights there, this is in fact for a friend who's only flying out for a week and we'll already be there.

#4 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 15:04

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Tell them to meet you in Krabi. More of a party atmosphere and things to do there around Ao Nang and Railay.

#5 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 06:46

• sholafish

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2010

No thanks

#6 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 22:13

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

It's still possible to get to the island after the last passenger ferry, but it won't be cheap. I've read that the total cost is around B2500. Staying in Krabi would be a much more affordable option, especially when considering how late your friend would likely be arriving.

But if time is of the essence and money is no object, take a taxi from the airport to Ban Hua Hin, then get a long-tailed boat to take your friend across to the island, then have him/her catch a lift to wherever you're staying. But even then it will likely involve another boat to get over to Lanta Yai if the first one can only take you to Lanta Noi, and it will be quite late ... adding to the cost?

Your bungalow resort owner person should be able to arrange this for you. Shouldn't be a problem if you start sorting things out a couple of days in advance.

Good luck.

#7 Posted: 10/2/2011 - 02:12

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Shoulds like a desperate rush.

Has this friend discovered an oil deposit or something?

#8 Posted: 10/2/2011 - 06:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.