Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Quiet Pattaya accommodation

• monkindy

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2010

Only have one week left of my trip and was wanting to get back to the beach for a few nights.
    Closest beach to get to from Bangkok is Pattaya, however, I would like a relaxing few days and no being hasseled by tuk tuk drivers, asked if I want massage etc.
    Therefore, was wondering if anyone knew of a nice place to stay in the pattaya area, preferably with a pool and walking distance to the beach. Have a budget of $50/night. Have been looking Jomtien and Naklua areas.

Thanks for any help

#1 Posted: 5/2/2011 - 20:22

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Unless you go for the, obvious, other reason to Pattaya you're far better off at alternative beach towns if you're just looking for relaxation.
    Koh Samet is just a little further past Pattaya and south of BKK you have Hua Hin /Cha am which is also much more suitable for that.
    Both are only 1-2 hours more travelling.

Hua Hin also has a some of the girly bars if you were looking for a mix. In Hua Hin that scene is only part of the town whereas the whole of Pattaya revolves around them.
    Hoping that a tut tuk driver won't offer massages/girls in Pattaya? That's like going to Disneyland and hoping that you won't see Mickey Mouse.

#2 Posted: 6/2/2011 - 09:04

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

My son loves Cha'am and swears by it.

#3 Posted: 10/2/2011 - 23:41

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Plenty of "chill" places in Pattaya - but you don't give a price range.

The beaches in Pattaya are not very good though. The best are probably between Jomtien and Pattaya. "Birds and Bees" is a paradise!

However Pattaya is not the closest beach to Bkk, Bang Saen is. This place is a largely Thai resort town. The beach is no better than Pattaya's ,but in the week you will have it almost to yourself.
    there are several new hotels there.
    It's about 1 hours from the airport.

#4 Posted: 11/2/2011 - 08:00

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

If you want to be near Pattaya then Jomtien is the way to go. If not, then either Koh Samet or Cha Am/Hua Hin as suggested by others.

#5 Posted: 16/2/2011 - 19:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Nice and quiet beach accommodation? ... By Sampan on 22 Dec 2011 0 1297 22 Dec 2011