Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thai Tourist Visa/One way ticket problem.

Posted by damburgery on 7/2/2011 at 23:59

I need to apply for a Tourist visa before my departure from the UK. However the problem now is that I have booked a one-way air ticket (for date purposes) and the visa requirements state that I need evidence of onward travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
Do you know of a way around this.Does the 'evidence' HAVE to be an air ticket or will some other kind of proof of onward travel suffice.I don't want to travel anywhere else from Thailand by air during my stay in s.e. Asian countries (too expensive fo my budget).Or perhaps on the visa application form an explanation of my predicament and details of my travel plans will help.
Seems my options are very limited-unless you know otherwise.??
Thanks.
N.

#1 damburgery has been a member since 7/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 8/2/2011 at 00:13

Which UK consulate are applying from? Each one has its own "rules" and according to numerous posts the consulate in Hull even issues double and triple entry tourist visas (by post or in person) without proof of onward travel. However for those consulates which do require that proof it must be air travel not bus/train/boat/etc. Check with http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by Krabiman on 8/2/2011 at 07:26

book an air asia cheapy to KL, singapore or laos. If your budget is too small for that can't see how you can afford to stay a couple of months in Thailand.

#3 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by mikethediver on 13/2/2011 at 05:38

I've applied for Thai visas many times & never provided an onward airticket. If fact, I've applied without having any air ticket to Thailand. I've applied in person at London and by post to Birmingham. Unless things have changed at lot since last year I'm unaware of any problem. Try Birmingham.

#4 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by damburgery on 13/2/2011 at 23:23

Thanks for your help.I got a visa sorted by applying to Hull Thai consul.So thanks too,to Captain Bob.
N.

#5 damburgery has been a member since 7/2/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by Tilapia on 14/2/2011 at 00:20

What Captain Bob says is so true about each consulate having its own set of rules. A good example is the Thai consulate in Toronto. Despite the fact that Tourist visas are to be free until March, the good folks there accept that there is no cost for the visa, but insist on a U$35 "processing fee."

#6 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by airtickettown on 28/4/2011 at 01:47

I have no Idea related this issue, I have some Idea related to air ticket india

#7 airtickettown has been a member since 28/4/2011. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.