Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Lonely Beach, Koh Chang

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

LB is more for backpackers.

Chang is not a busy island so I wouldnt be too worried about noise.

LB is down over a steep hill from Kai Bee so it's not great to travel to and from on a bike.

#1 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 07:23

• Advertisement

• a_hanger_me-
    rge

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2011

Hello

I am going to stay in Koh Chang for about 9 days in late Feb early march. I made the decision early on that I would stay @ LB as it seemed to have the most places in my price range (2600 baht per day total).
    I have since done alot more reading and talked to some friends that have been there (friends love it) but a lot of other people (tripadvisor) seem to dislike the place (Little Ibiza seems to get thrown around a lot). Now I do enjoy a good time and am down for whatever party might be happening, most of the time however there are still some days where I will need to sleep as I'm not 19 anymore. Will this be possible or am i better of staying on a quieter beach on Koh Chang?

Also there is supposed to be a BAD problem with trash both on the beach and on surrounding roads, is this accurate or are the trip advisor people just being whiners and expecting too much?
    Any input from people who have been there recently would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#2 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 07:35

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Roadside trash seems to be a problem everywhere in SE Asia - at least most places I've traveled through.

If you're looking for a very quiet place that is still social, I'd highly recommend Long Beach - you could stay at Tree House which is very sociable-but-relaxed or be closer to the beach at Zion (if that is still operational).

http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/eastern_thailand/trat/salakphet_bay

Around 10 the electricity went out about two years ago - but that just made for a quiet time on the porch with some beers. The transportation there is not fantastic, and once you're there you may just count yourself as being-there only.

As well, if you've got the time both Ko Maak and Ko Wai are nice islands to check out, Ko Maak seems a little more upscale but had great food, more people in their thirties and forties relaxing with drinks at the bar up on the beach.

#3 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 12:12

• peter27

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2010

Koh Chang is a nice destination withmany beautiful beaches. Personally I like peaceful and less crowdedbeaches. And I feel that the northern end of White Sand beach isperfect to have a relaxing beach vacation.

#4 Posted: 8/2/2011 - 18:33

• laurenladky

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2011

Indeed, there is nightlife in Lonely Beach.. however, its not really in your face and unavoidable. There are some nice family bungalows/cheap restaurants along the beach between Lonely and Kai Bay... explore! 

#5 Posted: 9/2/2011 - 10:35

• bkkpk

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2011

I've been in Koh Chang twice, and both times stayed at Nature Beach Bungalows on Lonely Beach. Really enjoyed myself both times - Nature Beach is comfortable but moderately priced, with a laid back atmosphere and excellent food. It's within walking distance of the Treehouse, another good place to hang out.

#6 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 14:11

• laurenladky

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2011

Ah Nature Resort - I was trying to remember that name! I believe on Sunday nights (or Mondays), the resort hosts a pretty good beach party. I second staying there, nice place! 

#7 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 14:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Chang: Walking from Lonely Beach to Nam Tok Khlong Plu Waterfall? ... By JuliaMcD on 29 Jul 2012 4 1780 30 Jul 2012
Tropical Pub/Restaurant and Resort in Lonely Beach ... By Margaritaville on 20 May 2014 0 368 20 May 2014