Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

PP Family Travel

• tarabk

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2010

I would like to advise all travellers against using PP Family Travel whilst in Thailand. My partner and I took the overnight bus from Krabi to Bangkok and we were robbed whilst on the bus. We have no doubt that they took items from our rucksacks in the main hold (the bags even had good quality padlocks on them) plus they took money from our day packs which were secured under our seat. Based on the location of our day packs, the only way they could have got hold of them would have been to access them from the hold. We believe (and have heard from other travellers) that they have a trap door type system from the hold (which has a high ceiling, high enough for someone to stand up) and that they access your day packs from the hold whilst you are asleep. They have a very clever system as they wake you up when you are just minutes from the Khao San Road, shouting 'Khao San Road, everyone off the bus in 1 minute'. This means that no-one has any time to realise that they have been robbed. Please do be very careful if you do choose to use them (I think anyone would be crazy to!). Please remember that even a good quality padlock will not deter them as they can open them and then re-close them somehow. I wish we had googled them before we travelled with them as there are many stories of similar things happening to other travellers. We have learnt our lesson... the hard way!!!! Happy and safe travelling to all!

#1 Posted: 10/2/2011 - 04:07

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

"We believe (and have heard from other travellers) that they have a trap door type system from the hold (which has a high ceiling, high enough for someone to stand up) and that they access your day packs from the hold whilst you are asleep."

sounds elaborate and quite silly really.

I usually have a lock on my backpack when travelling and put it between my legs.

Common sense goes a long way when travelling.

It's also easy to put your money in a wallet in your shorts. Not sure why people would leave money in an unlocked bag just sitting there.

#2 Posted: 10/2/2011 - 06:14

• tarabk

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2010

Krabiman, I took the time to sign up to Travelfish to write this post simply to warn other travellers about the risks in travelling with PP Family Travel, as experienced by myself and many other travellers.

I did not write this in order to get your judgement about what we did or didn't do to keep our belongings safe or to find out your views about how elaborate you feel this account is.

#3 Posted: 4/3/2011 - 03:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.