Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Booking of hotel madatory in bkk?

Posted by rhamilton on 15/2/2011 at 19:12

Hi, I'm leaving for Bangkok in less than 2 weeks, but i can't decide wheter or not to book accommodation ahead... I've heard a rumor that you need to state your accommodation adress in the visa controll/creation? Is that true? Should I have a such adress prepared, or can I just get by, by telling them im going down south...? Confused. :)

Thx!

#1 rhamilton has been a member since 8/2/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by boxee on 15/2/2011 at 20:39

this is correct , they will ask you for where u are staying on the visa form , i never book ahead , but always have a hotel name and address prepared for the form

danny

#2 boxee has been a member since 26/3/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 131

Posted by Krabiman on 16/2/2011 at 06:31

They barely look at it. If you write bangkok hotel, sukhumvit or pratunam or khao san rd that will be fine. You could write Elvis Hotel if you wanted.

#3 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by caseyprich on 16/2/2011 at 06:42

Agree with Krabiman. However, I also think you should book ahead - this is high season for tourists and if you are planning on spending even one night in BKK your life will be easier if you already have a room settled when you arrive - an address to give the taxi, and a place to lay your bag.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by Krabiman on 16/2/2011 at 06:50

Casey is right, one less hassle if you have a room booked. I usually book 3 nights to start with so I dont have to spend anytime searching for a room. There are so many websites with reviews and booking features it's easy to find something you like.

Hotels will have maps written in thai to give to taxi driver. All so easy.

Baffles me why backpackers want to turn up to a foreign country and spend 1 or 2 hours looking for a room when they are jetlagged.

#5 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Posted by rhamilton on 17/2/2011 at 06:20

Thank you for the answers! I will most likely stay one night in bangkok as it seem now, therefor I'll book a room - then i'll have an address prepared for the VISA aswell!

#6 rhamilton has been a member since 8/2/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by Krabiman on 17/2/2011 at 06:27

The address is for lost luggage and the like.

#7 Krabiman has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 223

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.