Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Booking of hotel madatory in bkk?

• rhamilton

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Hi, I'm leaving for Bangkok in less than 2 weeks, but i can't decide wheter or not to book accommodation ahead... I've heard a rumor that you need to state your accommodation adress in the visa controll/creation? Is that true? Should I have a such adress prepared, or can I just get by, by telling them im going down south...? Confused. :)

Thx!

#1 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 19:12

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

this is correct , they will ask you for where u are staying on the visa form , i never book ahead , but always have a hotel name and address prepared for the form

danny

#2 Posted: 15/2/2011 - 20:39

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

They barely look at it. If you write bangkok hotel, sukhumvit or pratunam or khao san rd that will be fine. You could write Elvis Hotel if you wanted.

#3 Posted: 16/2/2011 - 06:31

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Agree with Krabiman. However, I also think you should book ahead - this is high season for tourists and if you are planning on spending even one night in BKK your life will be easier if you already have a room settled when you arrive - an address to give the taxi, and a place to lay your bag.

#4 Posted: 16/2/2011 - 06:42

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Casey is right, one less hassle if you have a room booked. I usually book 3 nights to start with so I dont have to spend anytime searching for a room. There are so many websites with reviews and booking features it's easy to find something you like.

Hotels will have maps written in thai to give to taxi driver. All so easy.

Baffles me why backpackers want to turn up to a foreign country and spend 1 or 2 hours looking for a room when they are jetlagged.

#5 Posted: 16/2/2011 - 06:50

• rhamilton

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2011

Thank you for the answers! I will most likely stay one night in bangkok as it seem now, therefor I'll book a room - then i'll have an address prepared for the VISA aswell!

#6 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 06:20

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

The address is for lost luggage and the like.

#7 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 06:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.