Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Recommendation for stylish restaurant in Bangkok

• travelinchen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2011

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a restaurant in bangkok (not too expensive and with vegan/vegetarian options) that has an interesting or stylish interior?
    Café would be fine too

thanks

#1 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 21:36

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

I always find the plain ones serve better food.

If you want entertainment and good food try vietianne kitchen in sukhumvit. Good issan food and music. you can always order vego dishes.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 22:03

• travelinchen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2011

Hi Krabiman, we actually don't care so much about the food (we would only take a snack so we can stay there are bit), but really more about the interior design. We're really into that ;-)

#3 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 22:32

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

cabbages and condoms on sukhumvit soi 12 has a very interesting interior (i particularly like the outdoor courtyard section), a good selection of thai favorites including the veggie/vegan options you've mentioned, and is not too expensive. there is often live traditional thai music or some other cultural demonstration. definitely one of my BKK favorites and worth a look.

#4 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 22:38

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Try this place (if you can get in) ... http://www.halkin.como.bz/eat-and-drink/nahm

And for old world charm ... http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

#5 Posted: 17/2/2011 - 22:58

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

" but really more about the interior design. We're really into that wink.gif"

go to a temple then

"cabbages and condoms on sukhumvit soi 12 "

looks a nice place but full of farangs and pricey menu

#6 Posted: 21/2/2011 - 06:18

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

Crepes and Co was our favorite when we lived in Bangkok- a little place on Suckhumvit Soi 12, past Cabbages and Condoms. You should try roof top bars and restaurants too. On Soi Suchumvit 11 (Nana skytraine) my favourite, relatively inexpensive Nest bar (the food here is good too) http://www.bangkok.com/rooftop-bars.htm

The sweetest thai restauraant in this - soi 11 again, ask anyone for Cheep Charlies bar ( an institution) follow the back street, past curry house, mexican , irish pub youll find small place made of wood. Enjoy))

#7 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 12:24

• savorygal

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2010

@ krabiman: why do always have to be such a jerk? This isn't about you, travelinchen wants a cafe with stylish decor to hang out in. what's it to you?

travelinchen I found this site that may be helpful
    http://www.bangkok.com/tatler/sukhumvit.html

#8 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 21:04

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

@Savory - Ji yan yan!!

#9 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 22:59

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

"why do always have to be such a jerk? "

Thanks for the abuse but I was just being realistic.

I offered up a suggestion too.

"what's it to you?"

I would ask the same question.

The 5 star hotels have good restaurants with nice interior design. Not rocket science.

#10 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 08:21

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Savory,

I really liked the link you provided with the descriptions of restaurants in the lower Sukhumvit area. Some of those, like Bei Otto or Bourbon Street or Neil's Tavern have been around for ages. Those tend to be favorites for the expat set, but can be a great visit for folks who are just visiting the city too. That list went on and on. It underscores just what an amazing array of food venues Bangkok offers.

Restaurants come and restaurants go. Two of my former favorites that don't seem to be around anymore were Bali on Soi Ruam Rudee and William Tell in the Sukhumvit early 20's. Both were small operations run out of former homes, and because of that had a lot of style and charm. Regards.

#11 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 11:00

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

For me I can't go past the Tapas Cafe. Fantastic traditional imported spanish hams tapas and great spanish wine. It's not cheap but after 3 or 4 weeks in S.E. Asia my wife and I absolutely love it. 1/25 Sukhumvit Soi 11, ph 02 651 2947
    cheers
    swag

#12 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 11:50

• allenmark

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

Hello do you have info about furnished apartement in Sohar. I am looking for a 2 bedrooms furnished apartement in Sohar. I am also looking for the sites as for restaurant and also want to built a new villa.

samui villa

#13 Posted: 3/3/2011 - 13:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Seven - The Stylish New Way to Sleep in Bangkok ... By jane7 on 5 Mar 2009 2 2508 6 Mar 2009
Recommendation for adding Hong Ky Hotel&Cafe Restaurant on your hotel list ... By nguyenquoctedb on 6 Jun 2008 0 2477 6 Jun 2008