Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand 6 week budget

• rooflee

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2010

Hi, my partner and I will be traveling later on this year; in November for 6 weeks and have a budget of Eur80 per day for both of us including everything. We plan on using public transport as much as possible and don't intend to stay in any luxurious resorts apart maybe for a few nights . Do you think that would cut it or I'm pushing it?

Don't know if I gave enough info for you to judge but any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 00:35

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Sounds like a lot. Not sure what the euro is currently but that sounds like about 3200 baht per day which is plenty.

rooms 500 to 1500 baht
    food 600 baht
    drinks 200 baht

so you have enough for extras

#2 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 07:13

• rooflee

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2010

Thanks a lot for your reply. Didn't want to get stuck there without not having enough dosh. Sorry, but forgot to mention that that money is for transport too but I said we won't be traveling everyday so that should be enough anyways, I hope [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#3 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 01:39

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

I think you will be OK too. If you can keep rooms to 6-700 baht that will really help. there will be times when you want to taste the familiar. I would start my day with some bread and peanut butter in my room because I don't always like to eat big until later. That would save me money because that loaf and the pb was worth a few meals. Once you see what is on offer locally at the convenience stores for snacks to keep in your bag as you travel, then you will have a better idea of how it will go. So in the beginning expect to spend more as you learn what your spending will be like. In the more remote areas there will be no 7-11s but by then you will have a grasp on the local food. In Bangkok they have many supermarkets that have western stuff from Europe/America/UK etc. some go cold turkey and give up all western stuff but for me it was 2 meals local, one comfort stuff. And learn to like instant coffee haha. especially in the countryside. Good luck.

#4 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 19:10

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

Agree, this is plenty for two, if staying/ living mid range. Drinks are relatively expensive though, g&t from 140 B, beer from 80 B, wine from 150 B. Local alcohol is a cheap option but many find it too strong and not all that pleasant tasting. Hope you enjoy Thailand!

#5 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 14:25

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

avoid drinking beers in bars - western prices. buy longnecks from 7/11 and drink on your verandah at your bungalow.

#6 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 19:19

• cyprusholid-
    ays

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2011

You can still minimize your food cost by 100 - 200 baht if you do not have any food restrictions. Don't go to bars/ go go bars/ pubs etc., they will burn your purse if you are on budget travel.

Cyprus Holidays

#7 Posted: 1/3/2011 - 14:34

• nisharawat0-

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

Thailand is not a very expensive destination. even in a limited budget you can enjoy a lot as there are many tourist attractions to visit.

#8 Posted: 1/3/2011 - 17:23

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

can be expensive if you drink in bars and go scuba diving etc

#9 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 08:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
thailand 6 week budget ... By keiranbarnes on 17 Jan 2010 19 4575 1 Mar 2010
3 week Itinerary needed for Thailand on a small budget! ... By bro4dhead on 21 Apr 2009 3 9097 27 Apr 2009
Budget- 6 Week trip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia ... By carzyyy on 26 Jun 2013 1 1029 26 Jun 2013