Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

book before or not

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

Im landing in bangkok on the 5th of april. Would it be wise to book a guesthouse or hotel before or Should I just walk into one once i arrive there. Also whats a good area to stay. I had a look at WE hostels. anyone have experience with them?

#1 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 05:20

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

If you are arriving after a long-haul flight and/or late at night, it is nice to have your accom organised ahead to time - just one less hassle when you are tired, etc.

#2 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 06:32

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

you are right....any recommendations? cause I don't really know which areas in Bangkok are good apart from Khao San Road

#3 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 06:43

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

I wouldn't call Khao San good.

Look at Agoda, Sawadee and Wotif for hotels.

#4 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 07:10

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm on Khao San at the moment. There are a gazaillion places to stay, but by late evening most of the ones I'd recommend off the top of my hat are full. I'm changing places today and the four on my shortlist are all full and I have to go back at midday to see if any rooms are free.

What sort of price range you looking at and what time of the day are you arriving? If you're arriving late at night and this is your first time to Bangkok, I'd book ahead, ever if April won't be quite as busy as now.

Never heard of WE hostels

#5 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 10:34

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

i am arriving at 8am in the morning....im looking at 5-10 uk pounds daily max for accommodation.

#6 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 14:55

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

Greek traveler, for 250-500 B there are many options on neighboring roads to Khao San Rd, it can be very very noisy on K.S Rd . We did not book anywhere on our first visit- big mistake, its so hot and we were so tired after the flight. We now always book in advance for the first night and then you can move if you find somewhere better.

#7 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 14:31

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've looked at just about everything now in the Khao San Road immediate area. The best place, in my opinion, in your budget (say under 500B) is Chada. http://chadahostel.com Very clean, includes breakfast and free WiFi and about 18 inches from KSR. For an 8am arrival I wouldn't bother booking. A lot of stuff is full, but huge turnover.

Enjoy!

#8 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 17:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.