Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Time needed for customs at BKK

• klomper

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011

If I arrive on an international flight at BKK at 06:00, what will be a safe time to take a connecting domestic flight. Need to get to Samui before 12:30 to catch the ferry to Koh Tao...

any suggestions welcome! :)

#1 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 19:11

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

30mins delay
    40mins immigration and bags
    20 mins walk
    90 mins for check in

9am would be a good time. gives you time for a drink/meal in airport too if needed.

#2 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 22:20

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

Get on a 10 am plane to Samui or before. At 6am you should be through all that stuff by 8. It has never taken me more than that but these days they delay to get folks to buy a quick pass to get through the immigration stuff. 6 months ago it took me maybe an hour and a half total from plane landing.

#3 Posted: 25/2/2011 - 07:15

• Anandshivan

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2011
    Total reviews: 2

And book your Samui flight early as they fill up almost each day lately.... especially midday in my recent experience....

#4 Posted: 25/2/2011 - 10:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.