Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

12 weeks plan

• y123

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2011

Hi!

Have to say this forum has been really helpful with my planning.I am so glad I've found this website.

I'll be going on a solo trip around SE Asia, starting from BKK on the 10 March.

From reading around the forum, March/April isn't a good time to visit N.Thailand/ Laos because of the smoke and dust. So, I've changed my itinerary to look like this:

Thailand(1 week) - Cambodia(2 weeks) - Vietnam(3 weeks) - Laos(2 weeks) - Thailand (3 weeks) - Malysia and Singapore(3 weeks)

The duration of stays are very rough and can change during the trip, but fo they sound about right?

I would like to do some scuba diving, shall I leave this at the end of the trip? I will probably learn on Ko Tao. Would it be less crowded in March or May/June? Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!!!

#1 Posted: 24/2/2011 - 06:34

• Advertisement

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

hi, looks like a pretty good set-up you've got going on there... i've got about 3 months of time as well, and would like to visit each country just as you have listed there... mine will be about early april or so...

will check back on this and see what others recommend/suggest...

#2 Posted: 24/2/2011 - 07:40

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

The smoke and dust may be a problem but remember that April 13th - 15th is Songkran - New Year in Thailand and Laos. The Water-splashing festival is really something you shouldn't miss if you're going to be traveling around SE Asia at the time. Though i've heard it gets a little old by day 3, I also hear it is a memorable event. I'll caveat this with the fact that I've never been myself, but I've always wanted too - just can't get the time off teaching . . . though it'll be scorching hot.

#3 Posted: 24/2/2011 - 08:01

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

you said you have 12 weeks but you want to cover

"Thailand(1 week) - Cambodia(2 weeks) - Vietnam(3 weeks) - Laos(2 weeks) - Thailand (3 weeks) - Malysia and Singapore(3 weeks)"

thats 1-2-3-2-3-3 = 15 weeks

#4 Posted: 26/2/2011 - 21:18

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

#5 Posted: 27/2/2011 - 12:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand & Siam Reap - 2 weeks, in 2 weeks! Normal trip plan help + Fine Dining? ... By Ahleckz on 11 Nov 2013 3 1243 13 Nov 2013