Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Krabi - Koh tao fastest way

• Sparrk

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

Hello!

Im flying to krabi in 3 weeks and from there i am going straight to koh tao. What is the fastest way? It seems like it is a 2.5 hour drive from krabi to surat thani and then 10 hours night boat.

Does anyone know if there is a speed boat i can take ? or any faster way to get to koh tao from krabi?

#1 Posted: 26/2/2011 - 09:57

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Krabi airport to Phunphin (the tourist bus station outside Surat Thani city) is about 150km, another 20km to Surat Thani city bus station (if taking a goverfnment-licensed bus) and another 60km out to Don Sak pier. So you'll want to allow a good 4-5 hours to get to the pier. Then, my choice would be to take the last ferry to Ko Phangan (Raja ferry from Don Sak 5:30pm) and stay a night (or more) on Ko Phangan. Loads more ferry choices from there to Ko Tao.

See http://kohphangan.sawadee.com/kohphangan_transfer.htm

#2 Posted: 26/2/2011 - 18:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Easiest/Fastest way from Krabi to Khao Sok ... By juliadee on 7 Mar 2010 6 8460 6 Mar 2011