Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Backpacking thailand this year!

• Laurawrr

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2011

Me and my boyfriend are planning to backpack thailand for 2 weeks we've never been there before so i need a bit of advice so i can start to get a idea of the options avalaible for us.

So far we plan to fly into bangkok say for 3 days there - what good things is there to see there? where is good to stay for cheap?

Iv heard theres a train that runs down the middle of the country we plan to go south on this i would like to stop off in the national park just for a day -can this be done? is there somewhere to stay in this area? how much is the train?

Then continue to travel down to phunket/phi phi by train and spend the remaining time exploring this area. - where would be recomended to stay for cheap? (beach huts?)
    Before flying out of phunket back to england if we can get a flight from there.

Ideally we would like to see some good temples and beaches

Any advice would be great! thanx :)

#1 Posted: 28/2/2011 - 20:31

• Advertisement

• Krabiman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011

Depends what time of year you go re cheap rooms. May to Oct is low season which means 30-50% off room prices.

Read this site. It talks about bangkok, phi phi and phuket.

Some people are too lazy to even plan their very own holiday.

#2 Posted: 1/3/2011 - 06:56

• Thomas922

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2007
    Location Global Village

Seriously. You have very broad questions that can be easily answered just reading a Rough Guide guide book or a Lonely Planet or really using this site.

#3 Posted: 1/3/2011 - 19:12

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

#4 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 02:06

• ThailandDia-
    ries

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011
    Location Thailand

Here you will find all train info incl prices http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp
    I would do Bangkok on the way home instead, it is very very hot and very very busy but a lot of fun when rested and no jet lag. My fovourite thing to do there after backpacking - book a luxury hotel, many online web pages offer huge discounts. River trips (17 B one way on public boat!!!!) and Pattong market - crazy, wild plus excellent fakes for sale! Roof top bars for cocktails. I always put money aside for Lux things in Bangkok.

#5 Posted: 2/3/2011 - 12:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where to Honeymoon for a few days followed by a year of backpacking? ... By jenniemcmartin on 24 Jun 2008 3 1614 10 Jul 2008