Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Khao Sok to Donsak pier/Koh Phangan

Posted by NITraveller on 4/3/2011 at 04:53

Hello, I'm travelling to Thailand for the first time in July. As part of the trip I'm planning to spend a few days in Khao Sok and then travel to Koh Phangan. I was wondering if it is possible to book a minibus or similar when in Khao Sok through to Donsak pier? I came across one website quoting 3000THB which seems very steep. In the absence of a reasonably priced minibus is it realistic to travel Khao Sok>Surat Thani>Donsak>Koh Phangan by public transport in one day?
Any help or advice would be really appreciated :-)

#1 NITraveller has been a member since 4/3/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by guava_girl on 6/3/2011 at 07:19

There are 2 public buses that pass through Khao Sok going to Surat Thani. Once there you can purchase a combined bus/ferry ticket that will take you to Raja Pier/ferry. Total cost should be no more than 500 Baht.

I think the first bus passes through around 9:00am and the second one around 1:00pm but I am sure someone there will know the exact times.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by NITraveller on 6/3/2011 at 18:20

Many thanks guava_girl. Much appreciated. Sounds like I can sort it out once I'm there, good to have an idea of price too so I know what to look for.

#3 NITraveller has been a member since 4/3/2011. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.