Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Khao Sok to Donsak pier/Koh Phangan

• NITraveller

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011

Hello, I'm travelling to Thailand for the first time in July. As part of the trip I'm planning to spend a few days in Khao Sok and then travel to Koh Phangan. I was wondering if it is possible to book a minibus or similar when in Khao Sok through to Donsak pier? I came across one website quoting 3000THB which seems very steep. In the absence of a reasonably priced minibus is it realistic to travel Khao Sok>Surat Thani>Donsak>Koh Phangan by public transport in one day?
    Any help or advice would be really appreciated :-)

#1 Posted: 4/3/2011 - 04:53

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

There are 2 public buses that pass through Khao Sok going to Surat Thani. Once there you can purchase a combined bus/ferry ticket that will take you to Raja Pier/ferry. Total cost should be no more than 500 Baht.

I think the first bus passes through around 9:00am and the second one around 1:00pm but I am sure someone there will know the exact times.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2011 - 07:19

• NITraveller

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011

Many thanks guava_girl. Much appreciated. Sounds like I can sort it out once I'm there, good to have an idea of price too so I know what to look for.

#3 Posted: 6/3/2011 - 18:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Donsak Pier to Surat Thani airport? ... By markacino on 13 Oct 2010 1 6520 13 Oct 2010
Russada Pier in Phuket town to Mai Khao beach? ... By Louw on 17 Dec 2009 2 3543 17 Dec 2009
From Samui Airport to Haad Rin pier (Ko Phangan) - Query ... By alt on 20 Dec 2011 0 1163 20 Dec 2011
Koh Phangan to Khao Sok ... By browngirl on 16 Dec 2010 1 2640 17 Dec 2010