Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

buying train tickets BKK

Posted by simo81cs on 12/3/2011 at 22:47

Hi there, i'm going from BKK to Chumphon/ko Tao in August 2011. I wanna do it by train so i wonder, do i buy the package (train+bus+ferry) at some travel agency in BKK, or i can just go say the day before i wanna depart to the train station and buy the train ticket there? 2nd, at the train station in BKK how easy is it to buy a ticket for where i wanna go? thanks!
Simone

#1 simo81cs has been a member since 12/3/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by savorygal on 12/3/2011 at 23:05

it's very easy to buy a train ticket at the train station in BKK, but with BKK traffic it can be a hassle to get to the train station. I just bought that same train trip from my guesthouse. I think they charged me 30 baht, which is less than what I would have paid to get to & from the train station. Once in chumphon i bought a ticket on the high speed catamaran, which I would recommend, at the train station. The ferry company provided the bus ride to the boat dock. it was super easy. have fun, I am in koh tao now & it is a very lovely island indeed.

#2 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 162
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.