Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

More about transportation

• sevananda

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2006

Hello friends at Travelfish,

I tried finding answers to my questions but failed to find them, so please forgive me if these questions are redundant:

#1 I will arriving BKK at 23:50 on 21 Jan 07. I need to take a taxi to Skhumvit Road, Soi 22. Any idea how much will this ride cost me?

#2 A few days later I'm moving to Khaosan Road area; what's the best way to get there from Sukhumvit (with a suitcase)? How much?

#3 From Khaosan Road area (actually from Thai Cozy House in Tanee Road) I need to get to the Southern Bus Terminal -(Sai Tai Mai). How can I get there? How much?

#4 I'm planning to take a 12:00 noon bus to Cha-Am on a Sunday; how much time should I give myself to get to the Terminal?

Last question...

#5 Where can I get a bus ticket for the deluxe aircon bus and how much do they go for?

Before I say goodbye, I want to wish all of you THE BEST YEAR YET filled with good health, happiness, progress, progress and more progress and unimaginably wonderful travels and fulfilling experiences!

Thanking you,
    Sevananda-bhai

#1 Posted: 2/1/2007 - 15:49

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi SB,

#1. There is the airport express bus, but it doesn't run past midnight. The taxi ride shouldn't be more than 250B or so.

#2. There is the air-con 511 bus, but with a suitcase I'd just take a taxi. Expect to pay in the 150B range for the ride, since you'll likely hit traffic.

#3. That same air-con 511 bus runs past the KSR area all the way to the southern bus terminal, but since you have a suitcase and for the convenience, I'd just take a taxi. Expect to pay less than 100B for that ride.

#4. Traffic should not be bad on a Sunday afternoon, but I'd still give myself an hour to get to the bus terminal.

#5. You could always buy your bus tickete to Cha-Am at the bus terminal. But if you wanted to sort it out ahead of time, there are plenty of travel agents in the KSR area to help you. There is even a travel agent in the lobby of the Thai Cozy House. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 2/1/2007 - 23:17

• sevananda

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2006

Dear Exacto,

WOW! Your very accurate and fast reply blew my mind.

Your replies to all my questions should serve as an example of how good, relaible and informative is the service provided by Travelfish to us travellers who need and are searching for some light, wisdom and commom sense to be able to have a successful, fulfilling and satisfiying journey-adventure-experince.

Please accept my deepest gratitude! Sawasdee!
    Sevananda-bhai

#3 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 02:44

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Thanks. I did forget to mention that I'd expect to pay in the 150B to 200B range for the bus ride from the southern terminal to Cha Am, but higher gas prices have definitely pushed up transportation costs all over the country. Have a good trip and please be sure to post the actual costs you pay on this thread after your trip. This is my very best estimate but it is still just a guess. Regards.

#4 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 02:50

• sevananda

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2006

Thanks, once more! I will definitely post the accurate info for the benefit of all.

Since my flight arrives at 11:50 pm, I assume that it will take me around 1 hour before I leave the airport after I collect my luggage and clear customs. So I estimate the I'll be catching my taxi around 1:00 am. Do you know how long will it take me to get to Sukhumvit, Soi 22 at that hour?

Chiang-Mai: Any idea of how much a taxi ride from the area of the Night Market (Star Hotel) to the CNX airport? (To get to Chiang-Mai from Cha-Am I will riding on a charter bus with a large group of friends I will be meeteing there...A looooong bus ride, I assume). Best to you!

Sevananda-bhai

#5 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 03:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

1) 20-30 minutes

2) 15 minutes

Hope that helps

#6 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 05:45

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Many hotels in Chiang Mai offer taxi service to the airport for a fixed price. I'd expect to pay less than 100B for a tuk tuk or song thaew truck taxi from the Night Market to the airport.

#7 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 05:57

• MichelleMood

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2007

ummmm wow why are you planning so exactly? i'll be arriving in thailand jan 23 w/ a toddler and a 2nd grader and i wd never plan so carefully. in fact i have no lodgings yet let alone exact transport times! is there someting about thailand/bjkk/chiang mai i shd know about?!
    -michelle

#8 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 12:41

• marrie11

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2011

This assessment should cover all areas of your transportation planning, execution and management. The end results of a well-executed assessment include .more about Transportation Procurement or any other transportation logistics solutions available in our Transportation Lifecycle Management suite.Complete logistics solutions for the management, transportation, and storage of direct and indirect materials within the energy supply chain.
    Orlando Logistics]click here

#9 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 03:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.