Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

6 Days Vacation - Bangkok to Siem Reap

• mukapecah8

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2006

Hi everybody,

I just got an approved vacation, did a quick study on my gonna short trip, so I take this opportunity to come and see Bangkok & Siem Reap.
    However I had only 6 days. So base from it; my plan roughly gonna be like this:---

Day 1: Bangkok (arrive early in the morning)
    Day 2: Bangkok
    Day 3: Transverse - Bangkok to Siem Reap (through Poipet border)
    Day 4: Siem Reap
    Day 5: Siem Reap
    Day 6: Siem Reap; by afternoon - return home

So I need you guys' expertise/experiences helping me on this:
    - based on these 6 days time & planned places, where is the place that
    you guys recomended me to visit?

Plz, guide me out, really appreciate it.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 02:56

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Greetings,

This will be a busy 6 days, but you can manage on the itinerary you have planned. For the first two days in Bangkok, I'd recommend just staying down in the Khao San Road area. It is close to Sanam Luang and all the main temples and museums that are a must see for a first time visit to Bangkok. Don't forget to spend some time on the river, and to wander down a few sides streets to see a bit of authentic Bangkok life.

Two days in Siem Reap should be enough time to explore the Angkor Wat complex, but you really won't have time for much else but meals and a bit of shopping.

You should seriously consider flying one or both legs of the trip from BKK to Siem Reap, since it takes pretty much all day for the overland trip. That goes double for getting back to BKK from Siem Reap, because if your plans have you departing BKK on the afternoon of day six, you'll have a difficult time making it back for your flight.

Whatever you do, don't buy the all-in-one ticket for the BKK to Siem Reap overland trip. All the feedback I've heard is exceptionally negative. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 11:50

• mukapecah8

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2006

Yeah preatty lame for the package bus scamming from BKK to Siem Reap. I already read all about it.

Thanx for the guidance...my plan while im in BKK just to come to see temples, chatuchak market, khaosan area, n probably night life in poipet (it is prossible???)...just to observe it roughly, realized it might be tight if 'really' want to experience it....so just a quick view only.

siem reap..yep yep...my objective just to see the architecture n snap it a lot as i can. thats all..n to get my body rest a bit after having a rushing days in BKK n travel all along to siem reap...

thx exacto.appreciated it

#3 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 20:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap-Battamburg-Phnomh Penh-Kep-Siem Reap Possible in 9 or 10 days?? ... By sharoonie on 12 Dec 2011 6 3899 13 Dec 2011
6 days in siem reap ... By xhai on 4 Jun 2009 5 3315 11 Jun 2009
How many days for Siem reap? ... By amz155 on 18 Oct 2006 10 32116 24 Oct 2006
Pai to Siem Reap in 7 Days -- Go Through Laos or...? ... By pbzvariety on 12 Feb 2013 2 1319 14 Feb 2013
2 full days in Siem Reap - do we need more? ... By azgrl on 28 May 2008 2 5495 6 Jun 2008
HCMC - Siem Reap in 1,5 days ... By rubenaybar on 13 Nov 2010 1 2407 13 Nov 2010
14 days - Laos and Siem Reap ... By thegrailer on 5 May 2008 13 3078 24 May 2008
Siem reap and Thailand in a few days ... By valerinaaa on 20 Mar 2012 1 852 10 May 2012
Hanoi to Siem Reap in 15 days? ... By smash on 8 Dec 2009 5 3511 9 Dec 2009
HCMC to Siem Reap in 7 days ... By Camcam on 24 Aug 2010 4 1779 25 Aug 2010