Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

where to stay in sairee beach

• mmouse

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2011

i'm either finding super basic cheap places ($13-15/night) or high-end luxury places ($80-100/night)...not much in between. does anyone know of any decent bungalows/guesthouses -something nice for like $30/night, good for a solo traveler? a place that isn't totally isolated, but also not right in the thick of party-central either?

appreciate any guidance/recommendations!

#1 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 14:07

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Assuming you are meaning Sairee Beach in Koh Tao, you could try Suri Beach Resort. It's a beach front place with swimming pool, and has both air con and fan rooms. I stayed there in 2008 and we paid 900 baht/night for a fan room, which is about $30USD. Not sure what rates are these days but you try to negotiate a low season rate if you are there now.

#2 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 15:05

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Also, have you checked out the accom reviews on this site? Found here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/haad_sairee/all

You probably already knew about them, but just thought I'd mention it.

#3 Posted: 21/3/2011 - 15:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Tao: Sairee Beach or Chalok Bay? ... By melig on 11 Apr 2013 0 1344 11 Apr 2013