Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Waves n currents, andaman c

• MichelleMood

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2007

what is the situation w/waves and currents on the beaches at Yao Yai, Ko Muk, Racha Yai, and Ko Ngai? we're trying to narrow down where to stay that has snorkeing from the shore, good diving w/ good divemasters, and relatively safe 4 kids. would that be ko muk/ngai, or are they too exposed to open ocean?
    tx!
    michelle

#1 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 12:37

• Advertisement

• Quero

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2007

I don't have personal experience with the other islands you mention, but Koh Racha Yai is good for snorkelling year round because the bay called 'Bungalow Bay' is well protected. We do a lot of dive training there, even in the monsoon season. Koh Yao's beaches are muddy; I wouldn't want to snorkel there. Koh Muk is not in the Andaman (your post title indicates--I think--Andaman Sea); it's in the Gulf of Thailand, near Koh Chang, so if you are heading towards the Andaman side, cross that one off your list. Koh Hai (Ngai) is way down by Lanta, and I don't know much about it at all, sorry.

#2 Posted: 17/1/2007 - 07:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.