Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Itinerary suggestions for south thailand and the islands

• mc600

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2011

Hi I am planning on spending 19 days in south thailand and the islands next month and would be grateful if anyone could suggest itineraries / places to visit. Looking to do some partying, diving, general sightseeing etc

Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/3/2011 - 19:08

• Advertisement

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

In 19 days you're probably best sticking to either the Andaman or Gulf coasts, because the journey across is really long and you'll waste at least a day if not two travelling and recovering from it! If you like partying and diving then I'd recommend the Gulf coast- basically Koh Tao is amazing for diving, Koh Phangan is the party island and Koh Samui, especially Chaweng, has a beautiful beach and lots of little shops and restaurants, and when we went we rented a jeep for 1000B for 24 hours and drove up to some beautiful waterfalls and clifftop restaurants... You don't say where you're coming in from but once your on one of the islands its just a couple of hours on a boat to get to the next one.

Of course the other side of South Thailand is also great- we went to Krabi, Koh Lanta, Phi Phi and Phuket (Patong) and you'll find all the things you like here too... I guess you just have to choose which is easier for you to get to!
    Hope this helps!

#2 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 19:13

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

The Andaman is much better for diving than the Gulf. This is where the famous Similan and Surin islands are which offers some of the best diving in the world. Koh Tao is where you would go when these places are shut for the season, which isn't until May. So I would suggest going to the Andaman side for your diving.

I am not sure what your budget is but you can fly between Koh Samui and Phuket with Bangkok Airways which will be fast and easy and will allow you to see both sides. I personally think the beaches on the Gulf are nicer but the Andaman is best for diving and sightseeing.

#3 Posted: 24/3/2011 - 10:35

• wheresjess

Joined Travelfish
    30th May, 2013

Hello

I will be in the south of thailand for 7 nights from 29th Dec to 5th January.

I am going with a friend and it is our first time in this part of Thailand. We like water activites, beach. diving, snorkeling. I want to see a mix of parties scene and the untouched scenic beaches.

We fly into Krabi, then thinking of going to Koh Phi Phi for nye, then Phuket, since we fly out of there.

We were thinking 2 nights in each area. I have one extra night to spare, u think i should do koh phi phi or krabi?

Any islands, trips or activities you recommend?
    Any cheap or mid range hotels u recommend in krabi, koh phi phi and phuket?

thanks for your tips!

#4 Posted: 26/11/2014 - 19:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
South of Thailand islands/itinerary ... By wheresjess on 26 Nov 2014 0 193 26 Nov 2014
Vietnam to Islands in South Thailand? ... By emcdowell on 6 Apr 2009 1 2030 7 Apr 2009
SUGGESTIONS - Northern Thailand Itinerary?? ... By AmandaJordan on 16 Apr 2007 1 2677 17 Apr 2007
Siem Reap- 4000 islands- South Thailand without much hassle- is it possible? ... By HanoiMargarita on 2 Sep 2012 2 2923 3 Sep 2012
Suggestions / Opinion on Itinerary - Thailand & Cambodia ... By shadek on 23 Dec 2009 1 2023 31 Dec 2009
Itinerary suggestions- 10 weeks in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos ... By Iwanttogetaway on 17 Apr 2011 11 5978 20 Apr 2011
Travel Itinerary - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam. Any suggestions? ... By rossco on 1 Aug 2011 4 3870 2 Aug 2011