Thailand forum

new airport help

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Hi,
    We are travelling to Thailand next week and staying along Sukhumvit Soi 4 (woraburi Hotel) the first night before we fly south to the beach. While I used to live in Thailand and was au fait with the travel times to and from Don Muang Airport, I am not sure about the new one.
    Any hints about timing the airport taxi journey? Plane leaves (9:45 am) I should probably factor in crazy ruish hour traffic...
    ALISON

#1 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 17:30

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi Alison,

Ironically I asked a similar question the other day. i.e. Cab from the airport to KSR and somtam kindly answered with: (and I quote)

"Around 250-300B and takes 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on traffic".

Hope that helps. Maybe 15-20% less though!!

stevie

#2 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 01:30

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The above answer was for travelling to Khao San -- if you're heading just to Soi 4 -- figure on 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. If your plane leaves at 9.45 you'll need to be at the airport at 7.45, so aim to leave at 7am and you'll skip the work of the Sukhumvit melt-down...

#3 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 08:48

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006

Hi,
    Thanks, that clears up a lot of questions... it will be interesting to see the new airport FINALLY open!
    ALISON

#4 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 12:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.