Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi or Lanta or ? what is the nicest?

• rastguu

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2007

Hello,

I am planning to go to Thailand first two weeks of March. Is it best to be in southeast or southwest at that time? (because of the monsoon)

I am there with my girlfriend and want a very nice beach, bar and people when I want to and privacy when I want to. Another thing is: I want to dive and a budget housing directly at the beach.

Does anybody have advice?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Richard

#1 Posted: 3/1/2007 - 19:32

• Advertisement

• manatchaya_b

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2007

Have u ever heard surin naitonal park?, it is very nice. I went there two year ago . I saw sharks and my friend saw manta and also big turtles,, If you interested, pls check this website http://www.talaythai.com/issue/surin_park/9754-01.php3

Have fun :)

BTW,

need more info, pls let me know...

May

#2 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 00:43

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Richard,

Both coasts are pretty good in March. If you're tossing up between Lanta and Phi Phi and want to dive, then Phi Phi is the better choice. Lanta has a larger range of budget rooms, but Phi Phi far better diving -- and, if you hunt around you'll get a reasonably priced room...

#3 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 08:46

• cathrionas

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Hi there,I went to Lanta a month or so ago and loved it - stayed at the cheap and basic but lovely huts at the Sanctuary and couldn't fault it. Didn't see much else as the scooters available were not automatics and I was a bit chicken but what I did see of Ko Lanta was lovely. I went past PP on the ferry and I heard later that there isn't enough accommodation so people were having to sleep on the beach - worth booking ahead I think even if its only for the first night.
    Have a great time.
    Cat

#4 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 09:49

• Laura_B

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2006
    Total reviews: 12

Personally I prefer Phi Phi, but it does get pretty crowded and is more expensive. Koh Lanta is a lot more chilled out, you feel like you have more space and you get a bit more for your money. I was in Phi Phi/Lanta in March last year, Phi Phi was still very busy, but Lanta was quiet, therefore on the boat from Phi Phi to Lanta I had a lot of touts trying to sell me accomadation.

#5 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 22:32

• sutida15

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2007

Hello

Phi Phi is better for diving. Many diving points to see.
    Phi Phi will have more tourist than Lanta but on March ,it will not too busy.

#6 Posted: 15/1/2007 - 14:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.