Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

tourist visa question

• johntron86

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi,

I am a US citizen and I will be arriving in Bangkok on March 29th, 2011. Does any know if I will qualify for the 60 day tourist visa exemption if I plan to do a visa on arrival? And can this be done at the airport (BKK) or will I need to visit my embassy?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 02:35

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

On arrival you will only get 30 days. For a 60 day tourist visa you must apply at a Thai embassy or consulate.

#2 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 07:53

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Different nationalities qualify for different types of entry to Thailand. US citizens qualify for free of charge visa exemption for which you are granted a 30-day entry by air or 15-day entry by land. You do not qualify for 15-day visa-on-arrival (mostly applies to east Europeans). A proper tourist visa obtained in the US before your trip will get you a 60-day entry with one 30-day extension at Immigration checkpoints in Thailand. Have a look at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2637.php for more info.

#3 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 12:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tourist Visa Question ... By kaede on 23 Jun 2010 1 1423 23 Jun 2010
tourist visa question (can't find the answer to this one) ... By tropicalfarmer on 29 Mar 2013 2 1602 30 Mar 2013